How to download attached file?

Options
DefiCzech
DefiCzech
Community Member

I am unable to download attached file to password item. After clicking on file there is only one option Preview, how can I download file to mobile storage?

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @DefiCzech,

I've tested this functionality on both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 for Android and although the option is displayed as Preview in the 1Password 8 for Android app, it has the same functionality as the Download.. option in 1Password 7 for Android app.

In both instances for me, the file is not actually saved to the device, with only the Android Open with picker menu appearing allowing selection of the app to open the file with. When opening the file, it is possible to save the files, but this depends on the app that the file was opened with and whether that app has a Save or Share function available (a File Manager app for example).

While I cannot guarantee if/when this functionality may be added to the 1Password for Android app. If you would like I can log a feature request with our development team regarding the possibility of this functionality being added in the future? :)

• DefiCzech
    DefiCzech
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Thank you @brendan.rodgers_1P the ability to download file to Android device would be nice. My files are proprietary files (backuped encrypted keys) without file extension. So there is no app to open with (and proxy save through this app).

• You're very welcome @DefiCzech. I've logged a feature request for this with our development team. As mentioned previously, while I cannot guarantee if/when this functionality may be added to the 1Password for Android app, I'll be sure to let you know if/when it is.

I hope you have a great day! :)

• amiransari
    amiransari
    Community Member
    Options

On latest Android OS, using version 8 of 1Password, when I try to view an attached image for one of my identities (drivers licence for example), the Preview feature pops up a message saying Unable to open preview.

I don't have this issue on the desktop mac version.

• Hi @amiransari, thanks for letting us know about this issue on your device.

I'd like to ask you to create a test item in 1Password 8 for Android and attach an image. You can add an image with these steps: New Item > + add more > Attach a file > Take a photo. Next you can take a photo with your device's camera and save the item. After saving can you preview this new image or does the same message pop up? Thanks again!

• amiransari
    amiransari
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy , I went a step further. I edited the old entry, and 'replaced' the image and it works. So looks like there's a bug on Android where old 1password 7 attachments are not being recognised by the new version 8.

Regardless, my issue is fixed now. Cheers

• Hi @amiransari, thanks for following up with us.

Looking through items with images I created with 1Password 7, I'm not finding any I can't open in 1Password 8. That being said, I have passed along your report to the team for further investigation. Thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you!

This discussion has been closed.