Type in window works some of the time

Options

I need the "Type in window" feature to unlock an RDP session, no copy and paste works for me. I tried the 1p8 beta (8.9.6-11 BETA) and even though it's less convenient than the systray menu, it worked.. but not every time..

I don't know why but some times (I didn't figure out a pattern, but it's many times a day) it would paste in an incorrect password (tried multiple times) I'd have to type the password manually... but then the next time I'd try it it would work. (some part of me thinks it's animations or something)

I've used the "Type in window" in 1p7 for months without issue.. I've had to transition back to 1p7 because I can't rely on the "type in window" getting my password right.

1Password Version: 8.9.6-11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• lunky
    lunky
    Community Member
    Options

(oops, submitted too early 1password version 8.9.6-11 BETA / Windows 11)

• Hey @lunky, thanks for reaching out. I've gone ahead and filed an internal issue for our developers to investigate this further. Could you provide any additional information about your environment and any software in use that might help us reproduce this issue? Additionally, have you noticed this occurring if you use type in window with other Windows apps, or does this only occur within RDP sessions?

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#17380

• lunky
    lunky
    Community Member
    Options

I've only used Type In Window with RDP in 1P v8. I meant to say that I switch back to 1P v7 and it's been fine (back to working without issue). No changes to anything else.
    Nothing else environment-wise that seems relevant. It's pretty vanilla windows 11

• Thanks @lunky, our team will continue to investigate and reach out if we have any updates.

Ali

• Hello @lunky,

I hope all is well!

A new Beta (8.9.7-31) was released today that includes the following fix for extra or missing characters when using "Type in window" or drag and drop to fill in a RDP session. Could you let us know if you are still seeing any troubles with this version. Thanks!

Use 1Password beta releases

• lunky
    lunky
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d I've been using it now for a day without issue! Seems fixed! Thanks!

• That's great news, @lunky! Please let us know if you need anything further. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.