What happened to the ability to view a p/w without going to edit screen

Options
mfh1234
mfh1234
Community Member
edited August 2022 in iOS

In 1Password 7 we had the ability to view a p/w in the detail screen. Now when you tap the hidden p/w it just copies to clipboard. Please bring the options to se the p/w back (also liked the large font option!) as many times we are using the login details to login in on another device and just wish to see the p/w! Please do not diminish functionality in the v8 release.

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• johncherry30
    johncherry30
    Community Member
    Options

I have just made the exact same suggestion. I can't believe the ability to view the passwords is gone in iOS 8 app.

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

If you long press the password (rather than just tapping it) it will bring up a menu where you can select "Reveal" or "Show in Large Type" as well as other options.

• mfh1234
    mfh1234
    Community Member
    Options

Ah thanks for the info. Knowledge is power.

• EmDub22
    EmDub22
    Community Member
    Options

I also do not like that cannot view p/w….Press and hold the password did NOT bring up menu with options to view password…

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Not sure what to suggest to you. Long press works fine for me on both my iPhone and iPad.

• LChoiSF
    LChoiSF
    Community Member
    Options

STRANGE BEHAVIOR WITH REVEAL PASSWORD

After installing 1Password 8, I immediately started to check out the new features and I also could not access "reveal password" despite how long I pressed. Very frustrating. Since 1Password 7 was not deleted from my iPhone, I returned to using it in order to complete some password editing. (It appears that both versions can be installed on the same device.) After a few minutes, I resumed my tour of 1Password 8 and suddenly found "reveal password" working. A full 1-second press will display it in a menu along with other related commands. I have no idea what seemed to "fix" it.

• markteach
    markteach
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried all of the solutions for revealing the password in version 8. Everytime I hold my finger down on the password, I get a "green shade" covering 3/4 of the entry box. No password. I, too, have gone back to version 7 and it still works fine. I even reset ver. 8 to no avail. As mentioned above, I also have to use 1password just to look up passwords for other devices. VERY FRUSTRATING!

• Hi @markteach / @EmDub22:

Do you happen to use Larger Type in Accessibility options to make the font bigger on your device? We're investigating an issue where if the font size is increased past a point, the password menu doesn't behave as expected.

It's possible to configure a Per-App Setting to prevent this from causing trouble with 1Password 8.

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Accessibility > Per-App Settings > Add App, and choose 1Password.
    3. Tap 1Password > Larger Text.
    4. Set the slider 5 notches from top.

This will allow the long press menu to work as expected. Let me know how you get on with that.

Jack

• Macorin
    Macorin
    Community Member
    Options

I get that they wanted to make the copy password function quicker, but I’d prefer a totally different option. I don’t really need to see how strong the password is in the right corner of the box. That information could be shown anywhere within the entry. I’d prefer to keep the quick tap to copy the password, the long tap to show options, and to have a quick reveal button dedicated on the right side in the corner where you could hide and reveal information in the box. In fact, this option is missing from many fields, such as the default account number fields in the bank accounts category. Anyway, just my two cents.

• markteach
    markteach
    Community Member
    Options

Following the instructions in the reply above from Jack.P_1P about the green shade I was getting trying to get a password reveal. After following your instructions, I DO get the options including Reveal, by briefly pressing the password periods. I appreciate the fix. One suggestion - I do prefer to have my type a bit larger, although I can make this work. Thanks again. One other thing - my notches run horizontal so I set the slider 5 from the left.

• EmDub22
    EmDub22
    Community Member
    Options

Jack.P_1P I do use larger font and once I reduced to small font, the password reveal option works with a long tap. I would prefer the reveal option work regardless of font size. Thank you for the help :)

• @EmDub22 @markteach

Noted for sure. 😁 We're looking into this one.

This discussion has been closed.