Suggestion: show vault icon in search results

PieterS
PieterS
Community Member

I have several identically named items in different vaults. The web interface of 1password.com shows the vault icon on the right, allowing me to see which is which:

However, in other interfaces, it is impossible to see which item is the one I need without going through them all from the result list (e.g. in Windows, Firefox extension, iOS):

It would save me quite some time if the vault icon could be displayed next to the search results, just like it is done in the web interface.
For some items, I can make the distinction based on the username that's shown, but even when that's available, it's not always a help, e.g. when an ID card's number is shown as "helpful" additional detail:

I know I can name them all differently, but it feels overkill to have to rename lots of items "xxx - Foo" in vault Foo, and "xxx - Bar" in vault Bar...

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Browser:_ Firefox 104.0.2

Comments

• Hey @PieterS, thanks for reaching out. I can definitely see how this could be a useful feature to have. While I can't make any promises, I've gone ahead and filed a feature request on your behalf for our product team's consideration.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-1920

This discussion has been closed.