Feature request | Login to multiple accounts sequentially

Options
fhbc
fhbc
Community Member

When I start my PC right now, 1Password is locked, which is fine.
However, when I go to use a password, I get prompted to unlock my account, which I do, but I also have my personal account to unlock.

Current behavior:
- Reboot machine
- Open 1Password 8
- Fill in account password of one of the two accounts.
- Manually click the dropdown of the accounts
- Select my other account
- Fill in that password
- go on with my day

Expected behavior:
- Reboot machine
- Open 1Password 8
- Fill in password for account 1
- Get prompted for password of account 2
- Fill in password for account 2
- go on with my day.

It could be a setting, or maybe it should ask if you want to unlock all accounts on startup, but this would make 1Password 8 feel more polished IMO

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 21H2
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hey @fhbc, thanks for reaching out to us. I can definitely see how having a prompt to sign in to your second account could be useful. I've added your suggestion to an internal feature request regarding unlocking multiple 1Password accounts.

With that said, you also have the option of setting the same account password for both accounts. 1Password 8 will unlock both accounts if they have the same password. Although using the same password in for two places may go against the idea of always using unique passwords. In this case, it is completely safe as described by one of our founders here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/608315/#Comment_608315

Another alternative would be to setup unlocking using Windows Hello. After unlocking both accounts with your account passwords, Windows Hello will unlock both accounts for subsequent unlocks. Check out this guide on how to setup Windows Hello: Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-866

This discussion has been closed.