New feature: Add ability to specify preferred browser

Options
Newbie2018
Newbie2018
Community Member

I use 1P mostly on Mac. At the login item level, along with username and password, I'd like to be able to set the preferred browser. For example, for a given login item, I might set "Google Chrome" as the preferred browser. Then, when I click "open and fill" on that login item, 1P would open Google Chrome and fill the required fields. If I have not specified a specific browser for a login item, then 1P would open the item in my default browser.

I, and perhaps others, would find this useful because I use multiple browsers. Some sites work better in Safari than in Chrome, others work better in Chrome, an so on. Thank you for considering this request.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Safari 15.5

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thanks @Newbie2018

I've passed your feedback along.

ref: IDEA-I-998

• efeurich
    efeurich
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

I have the same requirement.
    My situation is that I have several companies and I use different browsers for different companies.
    I would love to see that when I open a login from 1Password, the configured browser was used to pen that login in.
    If the browser isn't open yet, then the browser should be started.

I work only on a Mac

• @efeurich

Thank you for the feedback! I've added it to the tracking item for the feature request so that our product team is aware that this is something that you'd like to see in the future. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.