Is it possible to assign a unique password to a specific vault beyond normal sign-on password

AugustusAtticus
AugustusAtticus
Community Member

Is it possible to assign a unique password to a specific vault beyond normal sign-on password for added security?

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Browser:_ firefox or chrome
Referrer: forum-search:password protect specific vaults

Comments

• Hey @AugustusAtticus

Your 1Password account password will unlock your account and all the vaults contained within it. Is there a particular reason you'd like to be able to have a different password for a specific vault? Let me know and I'll be able to advise. :)

— Grey

• AugustusAtticus
    AugustusAtticus
    Community Member

Looking to create an extra level of security for certain particular passwords. In past used a password manager that synced locally, not over cloud, which made me feel comfortable. Thank you.

• @AugustusAtticus

Because your vaults are already encrypted end-to-end with your Secret Key and your account password (neither of which we have), they already have the maximum security available. No one but you has access to the contents of your vaults, as long as you keep your Secret Key and account password secret and don't store them anywhere except your Emergency Kit in a safe place.

1Password only hosts an encrypted copy of your data and has no access to anything in it – only you have the keys, and we don't. If you'd like to learn more about how we keep your data secure, have a read of About the 1Password security model, and feel free to ask any questions you might have. I'll be happy to help with them.

This discussion has been closed.