Can I save a jpg onto the forms? I want to put a picture of license with my record.

BoompsNC
BoompsNC
Community Member

I am trying to save more than one jpg on a secure note like a license. Also, I cannot figure out how to put a JPG of a document on other types of records. This might be for a Passport.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I save a jpg onto the forms? I want to put a picture of license with my record. Also, even on the secure notes, I can only put one jpg per record.

Comments

• Hello @BoompsNC,

Thanks for your message. If you'd like to save multiple JPGs to a Secure Note or add them to other records, you can do so by attaching a file. I'll leave a guide to those instructions below:

Save important files in 1Password

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

• BoompsNC
    BoompsNC
    Community Member

Thanks for the information. I am trying to dig into this software, but am having a little trouble getting used to it quickly (due to the short trial period). I am currently using Keeper. Something else you may know right off. When I attach a jpg to a document, it will display it. BUT, when I save a jpg to another type, it only shows the name of the file. If I want to look at it, I am unable to view it without downloading it. For security reasons, I really don't want to download it. But, if that is the way it works, so be it. But I think this feature would help.

• Hey @BoompsNC, downloading would be the only option as it's not currently possible to preview images/documents from within 1Password 8 for Windows.

With that said, we do have an internal feature request opened for this. While I can't make any promises, I will add your voice to that request to further highlight user interest.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ali

ref: PSS-I-98

• Giana
    Giana
    Community Member

I'd like to +1 this, particularly for PNG files as well. Also it would probably make sense if they are concealed by default like passwords and only display or unblur once you click reveal.

• Hey @Giana, thanks for your feedback. I've added your comment to the internal request 👍

Ali

ref: PSS-I-98

• BoompsNC
    BoompsNC
    Community Member

Thanks. That would be great. I would rather not download a copy of a secure file into my downloads folder if I don't have to.

• You're most welcome, @BoompsNC! 😀

• GregP
    GregP
    Community Member

I would like to be able to save images or PDF file in 1Password on my phone. Drivers license, legal docs, etc.

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member

Hello,
    In the meantime, a solution might be to encrypt your attached files. In this way, even by downloading them, they would remain only visible for you.

• Hello @GregP,

Thanks for writing in. You can save images and pdf files as Document items or as attachments to other item types: Save important files in 1Password

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• GregP
    GregP
    Community Member

That works great! I was trying to save on my phone, had not tried on computer. Thanks.

• You're most welcome, @GregP - Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.