How do i convert my .js files in my opvault folder to a csv format? Im running v7.9.4 on android

ValentinoLeo
ValentinoLeo
Community Member

v7.9.4 doesnt appear to have any export capability into a csv or other format that can be imported into other applications or edited in Excel. If I upgrade to 1Password online can this import older opvault .js data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do i convert my .js files in my opvault folder to a csv format? Im running v7.9.4 on android

Comments

• Hello @ValentinoLeo, thanks for your question.

1Password data can be exported to CSV from 1Password for Mac, Windows and Linux. You cannot export to CSV from 1Password for Android. The export option in 1Password for Android, when used with a standalone vault, creates a backup which can be used to help restore data or syncing if something isn't working as expected on your Android device.

If you're interested in a 1Password membership, we have a team that would be happy to help make sure all your data is migrated. Reaching out to them directly via email at support@1password.com would be best, so they can go over any account specifics with you if necessary. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. You can post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place.

Thanks again!

• ValentinoLeo
    ValentinoLeo
    Community Member

OK so can I try the new 1Password for 14 days. Will it recognise the 1Password 7 folder if i copy it from android or do I need assistance?

• Thanks for following up @ValentinoLeo, after signing into the new 1Password account in 1Password for Android, you should see a Move data button which will help move your data automatically. You can find step by step instruction in this guide:

If you have any questions, feel free to email us so we can help with specifics!

• ValentinoLeo
    ValentinoLeo
    Community Member

OK so can I try the new 1Password for 14 days. Will it recognise the 1Password 7 folder if i copy it from android or do I need assistance?

• ValentinoLeo
    ValentinoLeo
    Community Member

I've had enough. I opened 1Password.com account. The migration instructions make no sense to me at all. I need telephone help in uk daytime please. As per my previous support requests..

• My apologies for the trouble. I believe my colleagues have followed up with you via email. If that's not the case or you have not received a reply, please let us know.

• sergemoz
    sergemoz
    Community Member

I agree that your migration instructions don't make any sense for those who need to import an opvault.
    1. Download and install 1Password 8.
    2. When you see, “Do you want to move any data that’s only on this computer to a 1Password account?”, click Yes.
    3. Click “Add an existing account” and sign in to your 1Password account.

I uninstalled 1password 8 and installed it again, and the first thing I see is Sign in, or Create a new account. So if I sign in, no prompt comes up to ask me to import a legacy vault. Can you provide clearer instructions so that we don't have to reach out to you via email and wait for it to be resolved?

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2023

@sergemoz, I'm sorry that you're having a hard time migrating. We appreciate the feedback and will definitely look into providing clearer instructions on our support page.

It looks like you've reached out to us via email, so we'll continue the conversation there. If I'm mistaken, please feel free to respond here.

This discussion has been closed.