Chrome pop-up verifications redirecting to Chromium edge, popping under, or not showing

Options
lifostack
lifostack
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Macbook Pro 13" 2020 Model
Latest version of Chrome (w/ 1pass extension)
Latest version of Edge (w/o extension)

Never had a problem with the chrome popup verification when google chrome was my only browser installed (or only chromium based browser)

Installed the new Chromium Microsft Edge browser (for dev compatibility checking, diagnostics etc.) and now all the verifications are for some reason being routed thru this software, and whats worse is they're coming as "pop-unders" or non-focused windows so i dont see them. I restart the browser then Im flooded with 1pass error popup verification windows telling me the request has timed out.

Not sure exactly how to solve this except maybe uninstall Edge, which isnt a possiblity at this time.

Just wanted to bring it to your attention as perhaps there is a way, programmatically, to tell 1pass to only issue the verification popup on the browser the extension is installed on? or maybe to only do it on the browser that is set as the default? I would expect this to be the default behavior but for some reason its ignoring this and preferring to popup on edge

Also, and I assume this had to do with Edge sharing the same codebase as chrome, the 1pass verification popup says it "wants to verify via popup window on chrome" so the software still "thinks" its opening in chrome, when its not. Dunno if this provides any extra clues but certainly seems to be the case.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• @lifostack

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with 1Password since installing MS Edge. I'd like to start by understanding a bit more about what you're experiencing:

• What exact steps are you taking that result in the verifications you've mentioned?
    • Are you able to share a screen shot, or recording, of the behaviour you've referenced?

Whatever detail you can provide, around those questions or beyond them, will help us understand the nature of the issue you're seeing.

• lifostack
    lifostack
    Community Member
    Options

sorry for the late reply, im not sure how exactly i fixed this but it was a toss up between resetting chrome to default browser and/or uninstalling/re-installing edge. this no longer occurs.

the pop-up was occuring intermittently when i would login to my 1password desktop app for macos and it would popup a browser window to the 1password web based login telling me something about session expiration please login again (or verify password or something to that effect)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @lifostack, thank you for the update. It is great to hear that things are now working well. Please feel free to reach out if you need help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.