1password extension is not working on my android firefox.

Options
SAMfrustrated
SAMfrustrated
Community Member

I have downloaded the new V8 1password app on my Samsung phone. the app is there and working. Your get started link to download the extension app just takes me back to the 1password 8 app on play store which is already installed. I have tried going to your recommended website 1password.com/extennsions (or whatever it was), but I get nowhere.
There is no icon on Firefox showing the extension is working, and indeed, it is not working. I have updated my phone and every app on it as of today, so everything is up to date as of 23 sept 2022. Same is true for my Samsung Galaxy tablet.
I could use some help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:android firefox extension

Comments

• Hey there @SAMfrustrated

Firefox on mobile devices doesn't support extensions, and there are currently no supported browsers on Android that do, so you can use Android's built-in autofill system with your 1Password data by setting it up as per the instructions here:

Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your Android device

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• SAMfrustrated
    SAMfrustrated
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I guess I was misled. I am now exiting 1password and will instead use Bitwarden.

• Hi @SAMfrustrated, I'm sorry to hear you're no longer interested in using 1Password. 1Password for Android does fill and save in Firefox as well as apps and other browser. On an Android device, filling happens with the Autofill service built into the app rather than filling from an extensions. If you have any questions or would like any assistance getting started, we would be happy to lend a hand!

That being said, we understand that you need to make the decision that's right for you. If you'd like to try 1Password again, we'll be here to help. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.