Autofill Suggestions with DuckDuckGo and SwiftKey

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Blank login suggestions from 1Password 8.

Comments

• Username6
    Username6
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

**Edit - I'm an idiot and literally just found the button for new post. It blended into my bottom buttons on my s21. Long week.

My apologies for posting here but I don't seem to have a create discussion button. I use Duckduckgo in combination with SwiftKey. I am not getting any autofill suggestions. Dev was easily able to remedy this for me on 1 password 7.

Thank you,
    Mark

• Hi @Username6, no problem! I split your comment into a new discussion.

I tried a few websites in DuckDuckGo with SwiftKey and I am seeing Autofill suggestions. If you have other browsers on your device do Autofill suggestions popup more consistently there? If you use other on-screen keyboards with your device, do suggestions popup more consistently in DuckDuckGo after switching?

• Username6
    Username6
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to work fine with Chrome. I'll try another keyboard with DDG. I downloaded 1P7 again just in case.

• Thanks for checking that @Username6. Let us know what you see with another keyboard in DuckDuckGo and I'll follow up with some colleagues to test this as well. Thanks again!

• Username6
    Username6
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

I just tried Samsung keyboard with no issues.

This was for version 8 of course. I wanted to clarify because I had mentioned I downloading version 7 again.

• Thanks for following up with me @Username6. I'm still seeing Autofill suggestion DuckDuckGo with SwiftKey but as I've had more time to test I will say I find it less consistent than other browser/keyboard combinations. This might be something we need to see changed from SwiftKey but I've passed it along to the team for further inquiry.

You mentioned we had a quick fix for this in the past, do you recall if that was switching Autofill suggestions to below fields or was it something fixed in an update?

• Username6
    Username6
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hey Timothy. Yes, that was the solution. I believe it was actually you that helped me ha.

Sometimes I find that if you enter the username then the fill option pops up when you click the password box.

I appreciate the time and attention you guys pay to your users. Thank you!

• Hi @Username6, apologies for the delay in reply.

A display suggestions below fields option is not currently available with 1Password 8 for Android. That said, it is on our radar and is something we'd like to add in the not-so-distant future. It can definitely be helpful in situations like this and I know it's a preference for some users as well.

For the time being, I would suggest using a different keyboard in DuckDuckGo or a different browser. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with at the moment!

ref: !14473

• mccrispy
    mccrispy
    Community Member
    Options

I am also experiencing unreliable Autofill when using the Duckduckgo browser. Autofill isn't always triggered and, when I tap on a pop-up suggestion, the field doesn't always get autofilled. The same sites/apps autofill correctly when Brave is my default browser.

• Username6
    Username6
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Tim. I might go back to 7 for now since it worked and keep an eye on the progress of 8. Appreciate your time.

• Happy to help @Username6. I'm sorry to hear this has been a roadblock for you but I can understand your position. As always, feel free to reach out if we can help with anything.

Hi @mccrispy, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you. Has this been with DuckDuckGo while using SwiftKey? Have you noticed any sites in particular that are inconsistent?

• mccrispy
    mccrispy
    Community Member
    Options

I don't use SwiftKey.

I can't say that I've noticed specific problem sites, but I'll try to keep track and provide an update

• Thanks for clarifying that @mccrispy.

I use DuckDuckGo a fair bit when looking at issues but it's not a daily browser for me. From what I have seen, filling has been consistent for me. If you do notice a few sites or a pattern emerging I would definitely appreciate an update. Feel free to respond here or reach out to us directly via email with a message to: support+forum@1password.com. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.