How to connect an app to a password that was created at a website

JohnLM
JohnLM
Community Member
edited September 2022 in iOS

While reading a newsletter in email at my Win10 PC, I saw an app that I wanted. I already have a login in 1PW for this company's website. However, the newsletter provided a QR code to streamline the process of downloading their app to my iPhone. Once on my phone, the next step was to sign-in or create a new account. Although the iPhone offered a secure password when I clicked to sign into the app, 1PW was not an option to sign-in to the app - perhaps because I had created the account on my PC in a browser? Is there a way to connect a new app to an existing login?

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10 build 19044.2006
Browser:_ Chrome (PC), app (phone)
Referrer: forum-search:apps vs websites

Comments

• Hello @JohnLM! 👋

If you open the main 1Password app on your iPhone and search for the login that you created on your PC do you see it on your iPhone as well? If you do then can you make sure that Password AutoFill is enabled for 1Password on your iPhone:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again in the app using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

• JohnLM
    JohnLM
    Community Member

Thanks Dave, yes I was able to find the password through the 1PW app on my phone. I also checked that AutoFill was indeed enabled for 1PW, but so was iCloud and Keychain. So I disabled iCloud and Keychain and left 1PW enabled.

Since I've already copy/pasted the password from 1PW into this app, I'm unsure how to test the fix?

• @JohnLM

Thank you for the reply, I'm happy that you were able to find the item and correctly setup Password AutoFill. You could test the fix by logging out of the app in question or, if you're happy that everything is working for now, you can leave things as is and let us know if you run into any issues when you use Password AutoFill to login to the app in the future. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.