The search functionality doesn't seem to work on the galaxy fold

Options
JSLondon
JSLondon
Community Member

With the new app, the search bar etc only appears on the Samsung galaxy fold when it is closed vi's the front screen. When the phone is opened, the search option refuses to launch. The only way to search in the new version is to close the phone. I'm happy to screen record if helpful or use another phone to record a video.

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:V8 search missing on galaxy fold

Comments

• Hello @JSLondon, thanks for joining us on the forum! I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with search on your Galaxy Fold. Do you see a screen similar to my example below when you search? If so, tap the right side of the screen to dismiss the menu bar and reveal the search screen behind. Let us know how that goes!

• JSLondon
    JSLondon
    Community Member
    Options

Hiya. Thanks. I did get that screen but it didn't let me click to dismiss. It does now though so all cool. Thanks!

• Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that's working for you.

• injectx
    injectx
    Community Member
    Options

Another workaround is to go into your display settings > full screen and change the aspect ratio for the 1Password app to 16:9 or 4:3. This seems to work fine for me.

• JSLondon
    JSLondon
    Community Member
    Options

It is still v variable for me so I will try the aspect ratio hack and hopefully that will be better! Thanks.

• Hello @injectx, thanks for sharing this workaround! @JSLondon, I'm sorry to hear this has been an on-and- off issue for you.

One of the updates included in our most recent beta is automatically dismissing the navigation drawer after selecting a tab or section on "tablet" interfaces. This should help in this situation as an additional tap will no longer be required to dismiss. If you're interested in the beta, you can find the steps to update below. This change should also be included in upcoming production releases.

Thanks again!

• JSLondon
    JSLondon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Will wait until your beta goes to production.

• Happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.