Face ID Not Working [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

Comments

• dgaschk
    dgaschk
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

I am also having this issue using 1Password 8 on iPadOS 15.7. This is not acceptable and I am investigating alternative password managers. I will update once I’ve found a suitable replacement for 1Password unless this is resolved first.

Turns out switching is super easy: https://www.inc.com/jason-aten/how-to-switch-from-1password-to-best-password-managers.html

I’m planning to switch my service this week. So you have less than that time to fix this.

• rlamber3
    rlamber3
    Community Member

Yep same problem since getting my iPhone 14 pro. update please!!!

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

I have no problems on my 14 Pro Max on the latest iOS. But I’m still using 1P7. I’ve not seen any compelling reason to switch to 8. Frankly I have no idea why that was even introduced unless it was just to get people away from the App Store. However between the native password functions of iOS and 1P7 I see no need to ever change our set up. We use iCloud passwords and keychain as often or actually more than 1P.

• aphonic
    aphonic
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Same for me. Iohone 13 pro iOS 16.02

It looks like it’s going to process and fails.

Therefore it is also prompting me for a password ever time it’s backgrounded, despite my settings. Frustrating

I love the team here and the app but I’m afraid having now used it for a while I’m still not sure about 1p8. Everything seems to take longer to do, and the extensions seem more frustrating to use , and I already found them frustrating.

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member

Same issue (as lots of other apparently) after resetting all settings.

Is there an ETA on getting this fixed. As is, the app is absolutely unusable.

• camsoft
    camsoft
    Community Member

Same issue. Why is there no comment from 1Password on this issue? Apple Store reset my settings due to an unrelated issue and now 1Password and Face ID refuse to work. Face ID is successful so this is some kind of auth issue.

• outrider
    outrider
    Community Member

Hi @GreyM1P!

I have now sent the diagnostic report according to your instruction. Support ID number: [#MDQ-25324-844].

Please get back on this ASAP.

• Hey @outrider:

Thanks for sending that diagnostics report through to us. We've received it on our end so we'll reply back as soon as possible :)

• Socalnative
    Socalnative
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue! It's annoying having to copy/paste my password on my iPhone every time. I get the checkmark that makes me think it's working, but it won't let me into the app.

• Socalnative
    Socalnative
    Community Member

I'm not going to completely reset my phone just because ONE app has an issue with face ID, but everything else on my phone works. I pay for the app, so 1Password folks need to fix it and send out an update to resolve the issue for everyone that has it.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

Seems like just reverting to 7 would be the easiest solution.

• jwhart
    jwhart
    Community Member

The link above for sending diagnostics in iOS takes me to 1Password 7?

• Hacktron
    Hacktron
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P whats the deal with the radio silence?

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member

Agreed, silence is not the answer. Just lookiing back at the first page of comments, it appears that this issue has been known to 1password for (checks notes) over a month?

Given this, an ETA would be most welcome!!!

• mtomatore
    mtomatore
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Same issue. Reset all network settings because of a completely unrelated issue (no text message alerts?!?). 1P 8 was working just fine with Face ID before I did the reset and now... UGH. Have downgraded back to 1P 7, which IS working fine but I'd rather have some feedback from 1P.... this is insane. Face ID is working just fine everywhere else. This is clearly a KNOWN "reset all settings" sort of issue... can't we get this resolved???

Submitted my diagnostics, here's my support ticket: #EKK-38222-979

Please get this resolved ASAP and PLEASE respond to your customers!!!

• afboodai
    afboodai
    Community Member

Im facing the same problems with FaceID since my upgrade. How do I downgrade to 7?

• user_of_this
    user_of_this
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

I have the same issue with 1Password 8. It started after Apple made me reset my settings (for a different problem). Since then I have uninstalled and resinstalled 1Password 8 and still have this problem.

Edit: I uninstalled Password 8 again and this time I installed 1Password 7 from "my purchases". This solved the problem for me temporarily. Please do not deprecate support for 1Password 7 on iOS until this problem with 1Password 8 is fixed.

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member

Why is 1Password not even acknowledging this issue? This reflects very poorly on you guys if this is what you classify as good customer care. You have a product that is not fit for purpose for a material segment of your clientele and as far as we know, you have no plan to remedy. This is absolutely unacceptable behaviour.

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member

Given the wall of silence, I’ll ask again. Is there a fix in the pipes for this issue ?

• cconte10
    cconte10
    Community Member

Why is there no fix for this 1Password? You are about to loose a customer who has been with you since the beginning, and I’m sure others are growing tired as well. Your lack of response is completely unacceptable!!!

• omni
    omni
    Community Member

Be good to get an update.. Can developers recreate the error? Any more info required?

Thanks!

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

As others have mentioned 1P 7 seems to be the solution, for now. I’m glad I saw no compelling reason to bother with 8.

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

@Jack.P_1P Any updates on this issue ?
    Is unacceptable that is taking almost two months to fix this bug.

Today i tried to search for 1Password 7 on the App Store, as lots of people here suggested to do the version downgrade to temporarily fix this issue, but i discovered that the app is no longer available on the AppStore.

We as costumers of 1Password(especially the ones who are paying customers as myself) deserve at least a weekly update from you guys about the progress to fix this bug in a permanent way.

Or else, a lot of customers including me are forced to take a closer look on your competitors because of a simple bug.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

@stefanodottori Under your name on the App Store you will find a list of purchases that you can find and re-install 7.
    Also this link may work for you.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1password-7-password-manager/id568903335

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member

@pappjo thanks for the tip. I completely forgot about this options.

• omni
    omni
    Community Member

Thanks 1Password 7.99 installed , ditched 8.

• rlamber3
    rlamber3
    Community Member

I agree with @stefanodottori. This is a tad ridiculous. This should be a top priority for you guys. Looks like I'm joining the downgrade train until you guys can get it together.

• nycconnect
    nycconnect
    Community Member

FaceID is also not working for me! Tried all of the things mentioned above.

• sebass
    sebass
    Community Member

Same issue as everyone else. Tried the reinstall. No change. Update would be nice

This discussion has been closed.