Android autofill fails

apreski
apreski
Community Member

Good day. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10e hardware version REV1.0 with all updates.

1Password fails to auto populate new sign in with identity info using Duck Duck Go when VPN Surfshark is on or off.

Autofill and filling suggestions are enabled within 1Password and on the phone autofill service setting.

Is there a way to allow this to work?
Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:android, autofill enabled but fails to autopopulate new user sign in

Comments

• Hello @apreski, thanks for letting us know about this issue on your device.

You mentioned DuckDuckGo, do you have any other browsers installed on your device such as Brave, Chrome or Firefox? If so, can you fill as expected there? Can you fill in non-browser apps on your device? I'd also like to ask which on-screen keyboard you use. Thanks again!

• apreski
    apreski
    Community Member

Hi ag_timothy.
    I also have Chrome installed on this phone.
    I just downloaded the Allianze Travelsmart app to this Samsung Galaxy S10e. Upon attempting to create an account, no 1Password buttons appear at the keyboard or when tapping a field. I then went to 1Password and logged in. Autofill is enabled. Show filling suggestions and Copy One-time Passwords are disabled. Back to Allianze Travelsmart with the same non filling result.

• Hi @apreski, thanks for following up with me.

Have you seen the same behavior with Chrome and DuckDuckGo when filling on a new account page? If you tap the username/email or password fields does an "Open 1Password" prompt appear? Do you experience the same issue filling on a normal login page once an account is created?

I tested the Allianz app and found that my test email and password could be filled on the "login" page but only a password on the "create account" page. Is that consistent with what you've seen there?

• apreski
    apreski
    Community Member

Hi ag_timothy.
    Thanks so much for following up.
    I just tried, using android, to create an account with allianztravelinsurance.com. No 1Password choices are available for access. Before that action, I attempted to login, thinking I had already created an account (I had not). The 1Password button appeared and requested a new login creation. If this is confusing:
    Step 1 - failed login attempt due to no previous account creation, yet 1Password button appeared.
    Step 2 - tried to create login credentials. No 1Password button appears. Long press yields "Paste"
    Step 3 - deleted allianztravelinsurance.com record from 1Password account which had been erroneously filled within 1Password during step 1.

• Hi @apreski, thanks for sharing that information.

I took a look at allianztravelinsurance.com. With DuckDuckGo and Chrome I can fill the email field but not the password field. With Firefox neither field fills. I'm not sure if the site doesn't have the right contextual clues or if 1Password is failing to detect the sign-in form but I've gone ahead and reported it to the team. I'm sorry for the trouble here. Thank you for bringing these to our attention.

• apreski
    apreski
    Community Member

Thanks very much,

• You are very welcome!

This discussion has been closed.