deleted something yesterday but can't get it out of Recently Deleted this morning

Options
HelenBubz
HelenBubz
Community Member

I deleted a few things yesterday but now I can't can't use/get one of the things back out of the RD. I can't even copy and paste the login info into Word

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't get something out of Recently Deleted

Comments

• Hello @HelenBubz! ๐Ÿ‘‹

If you've deleted an item then you'll first need to restore that item from Recently Deleted before you can view or copy that item's information. Follow the steps in this guide: View and restore previous versions of items

Once the item is restored you'll be able to access and copy information from that item again. Let me know if you run into any issues. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    Options

thanks @Dave_1P

• @HelenBubz

It's my pleasure. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I'd like a better "are you sure" thingy before items are actually deleted from a vault. Reason? My dexterity is very poor and I'm forever restoring items that I hadn't realised I'd deleted! Today, for example, I've had to a bulk restore, and I'm fed up of it. Is there a keyboard short-cut that goes from the Edit menu but avoids the "are you sure"?

I'm using version 8 by the way

• @HelenBubz

If you're Deleting an item, you'll see this prompt in 1Password 8:

However, if you Archive an item, you'll be given this option:

If you'd previously clicked "Archive and Don't Ask Again", then any time you click Archive after that, the item will be Archived without any confirmation. However, Deleting an item will always ask for confirmation. I hope that clears things up!

This discussion has been closed.