Cannot disable field autofill without disabling 1Password Browser extension

Options

I have been a long time 1Password user but what you have done with autofill in the browser is making me seriously consider moving off 1Password forever 😭

I work as a web developer and having autofill work in the browser correctly is CRITICAL for me. PLEASE help me resolve this or I will have to abandon this tool. That would devastate me. I cannot imagine a world without 1Password. I simply want the browser extension to work just as it used to before version 8. I used to just hit cmd-shift-x and the 1Password would pop up under by toolbar of browser extensions and then I could select the login item I wanted and then press "autofill" to have 1Password do it's magic. Now I am forced to hand over all autofill control to the 1Password app 😫

Expected behavior
Autofill works as it should for identity related field (ie: addresses and such)

Current Functionality
1Password takes over your entire autofill experience. You cannot disable this without disabling the extension entirely. This will seriously ruin the lives of thousands of web developers who love and use your product every day. WE MUST BE ABLE TO USE BROWSER DEFAULT AUTOFILL!!!!

Is it possible for me to downgrade to 1Password 7 until this is resolved?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• BrandonMathis
    BrandonMathis
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Any possible update on this?

1Password essentially breaks autofill in chrome which is pretty critical for e-commerce websites that rely on working browser autofill for a smooth checkout process.

Why can I not have by browser's default autofill AND 1Password autofill for login items like how 1Password has work for years in the past?

• Hey @BrandonMathis,

You can use Chrome's built in autofill alongside 1Password to fill details such as addresses. Here's how:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Addresses and more (or Payment methods) and allow Chrome to autofill.

I hope this helps to achieve the behaviour you're looking for.

This discussion has been closed.