New Version of 1Password Removed Features

Options
whydavewhy
whydavewhy
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Families

1Password Families for iOS 8.9.5
1Password Families for Mac Version 8.9.4 (80800203)
1Password for Safari 2.3.7

A lot of things changed with the new version of 1Password, and unfortunately most of the changes that I have found have been things that worked great, but have now been removed from the app.

• The first thing I noticed was that they removed the ability for the user to resize custom icons. That feature was in the app for years, and was the only way to make the custom icon feature work properly. Now custom icons are pretty useless, because they all appear way too big when selected for the icon window. For example, if I select an icon for the company, “Molex,” all the appears in the 1Password icon window is the “o” and part of the “l.”

• I also just discovered another thing that they removed… The user is no longer able to sort the order of fields that they create (like URL, email address, phone numbers, etc.). Unbelievable.

I have never heard of a software company removing important features with new updates. Updates are usually for fixing bugs and improving the user experience. So far, 1Password’s updates are making the user experience worse, by removing standard features that have worked perfectly for years.

When I emailed 1Password a few months ago about the inability to resize icons with the new version, the reply was that the app was rewritten from the ground up, and that they will be making decisions on what features to add in the future. That’s fine, but why did they make decisions to remove the features listed above?

I was 1Password's biggest fan, but I am now very disappointed by the current watered-down version. If anyone has found any work-arounds for resizing icons or sorting field order, let me know, but I have not found any.

David Lindsay

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @whydavewhy

I can see you've emailed us about this topic, so I'll close this thread to avoid duplicate answers. We'll reply to your email as soon as we can. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.