Back button broken with 1P8 on iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.0.1

Options
ashoat
ashoat
Community Member

I recently got a new iPhone and took the opportunity to upgrade to 1P8 at the same time. I'm not sure if this issue is new with iOS 16.0.1 or new with the iPhone 14 Pro, as I haven't previously used 1P8.

My issue is simply that the Back button doesn't seem to work. And since killing / reopening 1P8 just brings you back to the page you were previously on, there's no way for me to navigate through the app. As a result I have a completely broken product experience.

See video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddvsmtvi53kgca1/2022-09-25 09.35.01.mp4?dl=0

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.0.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ashoat! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password 8 isn't responding on your iPhone. I know that it's cliche for tech support to say this but can you restart your iPhone and then try to open 1Password again?

If that doesn't work then can you tell me if any of the other buttons are working? For example, if you tap on Edit then does the app respond?

I look forward to hearing from you.

• ashoat
    ashoat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, thanks for the response! I tried restarting my iPhone but unfortunately it didn't address the issue. Tapping on Edit works fine, and the Cancel button that replaces the Done button after you tap Edit also works fine. It appears to just be the Done button that has this issue.

• @ashoat

Thank you for confirming. So that we can investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• ashoat
    ashoat
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

I’m unable to create a Diagnostics Report. The deep link in the tutorial opens 1P7, which I have kept installed because 1P8 is broken. I can’t navigate to create a Diagnostics Report in 1P8 because of the original issue.

It seems like the only way I could create a Diagnostics Report is by temporarily uninstalling 1P7? Not excited about going through the setup flow…

Would uninstalling and reinstalling 1P8 potentially help?

• ashoat
    ashoat
    Community Member
    Options

The issue was resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling 1P8 on iOS.

• @ashoat

I'm sorry that the diagnostics report link didn't work. We're working to improve how the apps handle the deep link when a user has both 1Password 8 and 1Password 7 installed at the same time and I apologize for the inconvenience.

That being said, I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue by reinstalling 1Password 8. 😊

ref: dev/core/core#16903

This discussion has been closed.