pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, thanks!

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

@more_cowbell Yup - mine this time lasted maybe 30 minutes before it is asking for the password again.

So annoying.

• baggend
    baggend
    Community Member
    Options

The workaround for now is to set your expiration to 1 week. That's worked for me and a bunch of other folks in the other threads on this issue.

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

@baggend this is not a fix or workaround on either of my iOS devices. Still entering my password pretty much every time.

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

Still happening to me. Yesterday it lasted hours. I woke up this morning and had to enter my password again.

I submitted a support request and sent my diagnostic report.

ZUU-63161-727

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve had better luck so far with setting it to 1 week instead of 2 weeks. I set it to 1 week the other day and so far it’s still unlocked. Who knows now what is going on.

• ktulu
    ktulu
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here with 1password 8 and ipadOS 15. super annoying. TBH 1password has so many of these issues and it‘s not getting better. I‘m using 1p for years now but the apps are just so buggy I‘m very frustrated. Instead of fixing all the issues, we get a new webapp where the maturity and quality starts from the beginning.

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

After changing the option on 10/1 to Reauthorize after 1 week instead of the 2 weeks - my safari extension has remained unlocked.

Maybe there is an issue with the 2 weeks option?

• grovolis21
    grovolis21
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

1 week seems to work fine for me too, I've never been prompted to enter a password for weeks now.

Are biometrics coming back eventually to the iOS Safari extension?

It feels a bit silly that the native iOS autofill prompt requires FaceID but the extension lets you autofill anyway without any checks.

Any timeline @Dave_1P ?

• @grovolis21

We hope to make everyone happy with the biometric return. I am afraid however that we don't have any sort of time line to provide.

• @netnothing

The team is investigating. We're looking to get the issue resolved as soon as possible.

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy this latest update release today has made this issue worse. Every time I leave and come back to Safari I’m having to enter my password. Why is this so hard to fix?!?!?!?!?

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy - Same as @more_cowbell here. Latest update causes the extension to lock if you quit Safari. I'm about done with this. You guys need a Snow Leopard release. Slow down and fix things before rolling out new features.

• @netnothing

The team is working on a resolution. My apologies you encountered this snafu. Don't get me started on Snow Leopard, lol I was here in the community on the day it dropped. No problem, mind you. It's just I recall it fondly.

Did you check out todays release notes? https://releases.1password.com/ios/8.9/ We've got more fixes coming hang in there.

• xazac
    xazac
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue on both iOS 16.0.3 and iPadOS 16.1 beta. It’s really frustrating. You need to fix this issue ASAP.

• KaPOWitsCHRIS
    KaPOWitsCHRIS
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

+1 after latest update

Don’t want to beat a dead horse but v8 has been horrific from the very beginning and it seems each update breaks something else. Sometimes if something isn’t broke, don’t try and fix it and I think that’s what you guys have done with 1P8.

• rpath
    rpath
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to this issue. Crazy how this hasn’t been resolved.

• jb68
    jb68
    Community Member
    Options

Happening with me too

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options

The 1 week ‘fix’ appears to have been broken by the latest iOS/iPadOS update, Version 8.9.6… anyone else experiencing the same?! It feel like one step forward and two steps back with everything 1P do right now 😒

• theengine
    theengine
    Community Member
    Options

And me

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options

The 1 week ‘fix’ appears to have been broken by the latest iOS/iPadOS update, Version 8.9.6… anyone else experiencing the same?! It feel like one step forward and two steps back with everything 1P do right now 😒

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options

…and me! The 1 week ‘fix’ has been broken by the latest iOS/iPadOS update, Version 8.9.6.

I have never experienced such regression in fundamental functionality. We pay our account fees which are not cheap, compared to 1P’s competitors. This used to be good value for a robust product and reliable service — not so much now. It feels like one step forward and two steps back with everything 1P do right now 😒

• linuxste
    linuxste
    Community Member
    Options

same issue here, please fix it asap!

• Sorry @AMonitorDarkly

I don't come with gifts. There is nothing new to share at the moment.

I'm right there with you. I had to put in my password 4 times today to make one purchase. So you are not alone. We also experience this issue. I do apologize for the trouble. Have you tried the workaround that some found worked for them. Setting the setting to 1 week? I set mine to 1 day as a test and it was not fruitful.

Hang in there; we hear you. Again, my apologies.

• RobAW
    RobAW
    Community Member
    Options

Experiencing this now on all our devices. This is a new problem for us ….only since the latest iOS/iPadOS update (we are up to date 10/13/22). Having to log into the extension every time, with user name and password.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I have the Safari extension set to require reauthorization after two weeks. Nearly every time I tap on the 1Password icon in a credentials field, it requires my password. Sometimes it will allow 2-3 logins, but for the most part it is always asking for my password. Why? This isn’t supposed to happen, but I just now tried it with 10 different logins and it required my password eight times.

This discussion has been closed.