Reveal Password feature gone from 1PW8?

Options
johncherry30
johncherry30
Community Member

I'm not able to view my passwords; I'm only able to tap them to the clipboard. I can't view them unless I edit the username/password profile. And then I'm asked to save changes when I haven't made any. I hope this is fixed. Bring back 'Reveal' and 'Reveal in large type', please!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• johncherry30
    johncherry30
    Community Member
    Options

...If I can't reveal my own passwords, then what the heck is the purpose of the app?

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

Long press the password (instead of tapping it). Then you'll be given the option to reveal it.

• strawbeary
    strawbeary
    Community Member
    Options

A long press of the password doesn't present the reveal option for me.

• strawbeary
    strawbeary
    Community Member
    Options

Wait, it's like 20 seconds long.

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

Seems like change for the sake of change, rather than a reasoned change that makes makes the user experience better.

• EmDub22
    EmDub22
    Community Member
    Options

Long press didn’t work!! Terrible “upgrade”

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Not sure what to suggest to you. Long press works fine for me on both my iPhone and iPad.

• InfiniteBeat
    InfiniteBeat
    Community Member
    Options

They just should let customize default option for tapping a password field. I'd rather use Reveal than Copy password field.

• gracemt
    gracemt
    Community Member
    Options

Long press isn’t working for me either. Very irritating. Sorry I updated. (iPhone 12, iOS 25.6.1)

• gracemt
    gracemt
    Community Member
    Options

Wtf. 6 seconds? Have you lost your minds? The whole POINT of 1password is—WAS—it’s flexibility. Now some idiot has taken away a key feature because they, quite arrogantly, don’t think it’s important

• kongjie@mac.com
    kongjie@mac.com
    Community Member
    Options

It shouldn't be 6 seconds. For me it's a long press--just hold for literally about a second--and then a menu pops up, with choices of copy, reveal, show in large type, and pin to home.

• Hi @gracemt:

Do you happen to use Larger Text on your phone, as configured in Settings > Accessibility? Let me know.

Jack

• grweinstein
    grweinstein
    Community Member
    Options

Just my 2 cents. Forcing the user to long-press the password field in order to see the "Reveal" and "Show in Large Type" buttons is really annoying. I'm pretty sure most users never even think "I should try long-pressing on something to see what happens." It's not a common or natural UI motion. And, by definition, it "feels" slow.

I'd like to cast my vote (is there a vote?) to please provide a more explicit "Reveal" option for passwords, that doesn't require a long press.

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

I agree the reveal password option is 8 is very annoying. Please improve this!

• @grweinstein and @more_cowbell

Thank you for the feedback! I've passed it along to our product team and they'll consider it for future updates of 1Password 8 for iOS. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1555

• passwordking
    passwordking
    Community Member
    Options

The only way I knew to hold to reveal my password was a developer response to my AppStore review. Version 8 is absolutely terrible.

• jace88
    jace88
    Community Member
    Options

Just adding one more to this request. Either give choice since copying password is rarely what my next action is (since I’d usually use auto fill) or add the eye closed/open reveal button to the side.

This discussion has been closed.