UID check in CLI on AWS Lambda

Options
ciba
ciba
Community Member
edited September 2022 in CLI

Hi,
I am trying to deploy CLI on AWS Lambda, but the integrated UID check on config folder described here blocks the CLI from running with error "Can't continue. We can't safely access "[CONFIGFOLDER]" because it's not owned by the current user. Change the owner or logged in user and try again."

The user under which is the script running on Lambda is obviously different from the user used for package creation and deployment.

Is there any way to avoid or circumvent this problem?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ciba, sorry for the late response, and thanks for bringing this up. Indeed there is a conflict in the perceived owners of the CLI. We perform this check for your own security. The regular CLI is not meant for use cases such as the one you presented. However, our Service Accounts beta feature is, and would resolve your issue. Check this thread https://1password.community/discussion/131233/join-our-beta-test-for-1password-service-accounts-launching-mid-july#latest, to see if you could still sign up for using it as a beta member.

All the best and hope this helps,
    Andi

• ciba
    ciba
    Community Member
    Options

The beta is closed for new participants, but for now I am adding the account altogether on each run, which avoids this problem.

• Great, happy that you managed to fix it. You could also give 1Password Connect a look.

Best,
    Andi

• rohitrampwin
    rohitrampwin
    Community Member
    Options

@andi.t_1P I am also facing similar problem with deploying 1password CLI on aws lambda

For me, its give "Command Failed"

The same works fine when I run in local. I have already tried giving --config flag to /tmp directory but that doesnt work either.

Can you quickly help me resolve this ?

This discussion has been closed.