Search in 8

Options
zemith
zemith
Community Member

I noticed this post (https://1password.community/discussion/132791/search-in-8) over in the Android forum, but just wanted to chime in that the issue also exists on iOS. I have way more results when I search on iP7 then on 8.

Copy/paste from other post, to explain issue:

In previous versions, search finds everything because it searches for substrings within words, phrases, notes, fields or titles.

Now search functionality has changed to exact matches separated by space character I believe.

Can we please get an option, checkbox or other way to restore the way search worked previously please as I am having a hard time finding certain records? Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @zemith:

Thanks for your feedback. We've recently made some improvements to search in 1Password 8 beta and nightly builds on desktop. This includes searching for substrings. While I can't promise any timelines on when these changes will make it to 1Password 8 for iOS or Android, I'm hopeful they'll be available sooner, rather than later.

Jack

• zemith
    zemith
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

As long as it comes, I’m happy 😊

• RichieB
    RichieB
    Community Member
    Options

When is this coming to the regular iOS and macOS 1Passowrd 8 versions? I can’t find many of my stores items which is really a pain.

• jonpw
    jonpw
    Community Member
    Options

Came here to report this, found this thread. Hope this shows up on iOS soon!

• GADoc225
    GADoc225
    Community Member
    Options

With over 900passwords in 1pw, the need to scroll to find the entry I need (now in 1pw8) as 1pw apparently ONLY LOOKS at the title(?) is so 1990 technology ( and no, clicking on search all does not fix the problem)

It has been 2 months.... When is this being fixed?

I cant remember any 1 pw version being this underdeveloped when put out

This discussion has been closed.