Windows bug ? 1pw bug?

Options
eingfoan
eingfoan
Community Member

When i do the following:

Open app that tries to do Windows hello („Fido emulation“) on windows 10 with edge
Then I need a password (from 1pw)
Open 1pw (with tpm face recognition enabled)
Then both windows hello prompts start flickering and I can not go on.

So…..

I have to cancel first prompt.
Copy pws to clip
Go back to app
Insert pws.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @eingfoan, thanks for reaching out. To clarify, is it only the Windows Hello prompts that are flickering when this occurs?

1Password relies on Windows to handle the Hello unlocks. Windows Hello then tells 1Password if your biometrics were recognized. It sounds like this may be a Windows specific bug when two Windows Hello prompts appear. With that said, I've been unable to reproduce the issue using a Windows Hello prompt to unlock 1Password as well as to sign in to my Edge browser.

Do you know if this issue only occurs when you're prompted to unlock 1Password and the app you mentioned?

Ali

• eingfoan
    eingfoan
    Community Member
    Options

I ll try this
    Feedback to you. Do you want some screenshots of this? (Should I open support cases?)

• Hello again @eingfoan,

We've still been unable to reproduce the behaviour you've mentioned - 1Password itself does not seem to be causing issues when the Windows Hello prompt appears under normal circumstances. As previously noted, since 1Password hands the duty of unlocking off to Windows Hello, this does sound to be an issue there as opposed to 1Password itself. If you first open and unlock 1Password, do you still see these troubles? Thanks!

• eingfoan
    eingfoan
    Community Member
    Options

hi @ag_mike_d,

with just 2 browser windows i can not reproduce the flapping. only with 1pw + browser.
    yes i still see the troubles.

• Hello @eingfoan,

I apologize for the late reply. Thanks for letting us know you still see the troubles with the flickering Windows Hello prompts. It sounds like the two prompts are fighting for the main focus and would suggest opening and unlocking 1Password with Windows Hello before opening the other application to prevent any interference.

As we have no control over Windows Hello, I'd ask that check for any available Windows updates and if you continue to see issues with multiple Windows Security prompts in the future, you can reach out Microsoft Support.

This discussion has been closed.