What's ~/.1password for?

ftpd
ftpd
Community Member

Since some update (now I'm using 8.9.4), 1Password has started creating ~/.1password directory. What is it's purpose and how can I get rid of it (permanently - prevent 1Password for creating it)? You guys are supporting XDG standard (and I'm grateful for that!), so why poisoning home with more files?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Gentoo Linux, kernel 5.19.11
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hey @ftpd, thanks for reaching out. The ~/.1password directory is used for the 1Password SSH agent. It's not possible to prevent 1Password from creating this folder. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Ali

• ftpd
    ftpd
    Community Member

Can I disable 1Password SSH agent? I'm using my own agent, I don't want/need 1password to do it.

• Hey @ftpd, this folder will be created regardless of whether the 1Password SSH agent is enabled/disabled (1Password SSH is disabled by default).

• ftpd
    ftpd
    Community Member

Meh. And where can I suggest feature request? ;-) I really like to keep my $HOME free of unnecessary stuff and this directory should show up only if the agent is enabled.

• I've gone ahead and submitted a feature request on your behalf @ftpd. Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-1964

• ftpd
    ftpd
    Community Member

Thank you! I have nothing more about this issue, feel free to close this thread.

• You're most welcome. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.