Username and password info gone (after switch from Password to Login)

Options
keithyong
keithyong
Community Member
edited October 2022 in iOS

Hi,
I updated one of the items and it changed from Password to Login category. When I proceeded to press edit on the item (now in Login category), the username and password info were emptied.

Also, during keyboard input I realised the number pad did not stay if one needs to key in multiple digits; after each number keyed in the keyboard returns to letter format.

I’m on iOS 16.0.2.

Kindly look into this thanks!

Comments

• Hey there @keithyong

Would you be able to show me a screenshot of what you're seeing? Here's what to do:

1. Find the item in question.
    2. Tap "✏️ Edit".
    3. Without tapping the password field so that it stays hidden, take a screenshot.

🔍👀 Check that no personal information such as any email addresses, usernames, passwords, your credit card number, Secret Key or account password are visible.️ Use Markup on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if you need to block anything out. Don't use the marker pen (the second tool from the left with the chiseled tip) because it's slightly transparent.

When you're happy with the screenshot, post it here and I'll take a look. If you'd rather email it to us instead, you can – send us an email at support+ios@1password.com including a link to this discussion and we can take it from there by email. You'll get a reply from BitBot with a conversation number, which will look like [#ABC-12345-123]. Please post that here so that we can find it.

With regards the keyboard issue, where it changes from 123 to ABC each time, this is something that the development team have heard about and are in the process of fixing. Apologies for the inconvenience. I don't have an estimate of when you'll see that fix released, but it's on the way. :)

I look forward to hearing from you, either here or by email, so that we can look into this further with you.

— Grey

ref: dev/core/core#17187

• keithyong
    keithyong
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey,

Thank you for the reply. I've just created some PPT slides to illustrate the issue and have sent it over to you via the email you shared. You may re-create the issue too after viewing the slides. Thanks,

Keith

• @keithyong – I've found your email. I'll close this thread here to avoid any duplicate answers. We'll continue the conversation by email. One of the team will get back to you as soon as they can. :)

This discussion has been closed.