Questions about 1Password for iOS

Options
ag_tommy
edited September 2022 in iOS
This discussion was created from comments split from: gushing feedback on version 8.

I split your conversation so that we could converse about the items you brought up without sending multiple emails to the original poster in the original topic.

Comments

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Well, if you've been bitten by the G-d-awful iOS bug where FaceID authentication succeeds but the app thinks it has failed, 1P8 for iOS is a PITA. So I'll step into your previous shoes for now!

And to my knowledge, there wasn't a beta for external testers to try, because otherwise I could have reported this before release.

Also, reverting to 1P7, while possible, isn't perfectly trouble-free, either, as there appear to be incompatibilities between the two.

• @odysseus

reverting to 1P7, while possible, isn't perfectly trouble-free, either, as there appear to be incompatibilities between the two.

Are you talking about the Mac or iOS version? What incompatibilities are there? I may be able to make a suggestion.

And to my knowledge, there wasn't a beta for external testers to try, because otherwise I could have reported this before release.

I have a device on the beta and one on the nightly and I have never experienced the issue. There has to be another variable at play that caused the trouble. At least it would seem to be that way to me. My apologies that you encountered trouble here. The team is actively investigating reports such as yours.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Yes, surely there is another variable involved — which might have been isolated had there been an external beta of 1P8 for iOS! I understand that the problem is "rare," but then why haven't I been contacted for more information?

The incompatibility between entries viewed in 1P7 for iOS after usinbg 1P8 appears to be this:

• Are you using the sort by date last used? That would explain what you see. Try changing to another sort option.

This discussion has been closed.