1Password for Mac 8.8.0 unable to move fields around

Comments

• Hi @bthoma:

Thanks for your feedback. Staying in touch either here, or on https://releases.1password.com/ would be your best bet. Keep an eye out! Additionally, I've added you to a separate feature request tracking the ability to change field types.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-530

• 👍 Let us know if you have other questions.

• joel_wraight
    joel_wraight
    Community Member

Hi 1Password Team,

Is there any update on the roadmap to introduce this to V8? Windows is trying to force me to update quite regularly and I'm fighting it off. My iPhone has now forced me to update to V8. I am quite concerned I'll soon have no choice but to update Windows and be on a platform with no control over the fields and sections.

Best regards,

Joel Wraight

• guylepage3
    guylepage3
    Community Member

Thanks @Jack.P_1P. In the meantime, how do I revert back to 1Password 7?

• @guylepage3

1. Quit 1Password 8 and drag it to the trash. Do not use an app cleaner for this. Manually completing this step will keep your data safe. * Optional leave it here if you intend on trying 1Password 8 again. It can also be re downloaded later on.
    2. Double click 1Password 7.app.zip in your Applications folder to expand it. You can then remove the zip file from the Applications folder. * If you have removed 1Password 7 it can be downloaded here. Download 1Password for Mac
    3. Open Safari and disable 1Password for Safari and enable the 1Password extension (likely version 7.9.6)
    4. Drag 1Password for Safari to the trash. * Optional leave it here if you intend on trying 1Password 8 again. It can also be re downloaded.
  • Hi @joel_wraight:

Thanks for following up. We don't have anything to share just yet, but I'm hopeful we'll have it soon.

Jack

• joel_wraight
    joel_wraight
    Community Member

Hi, @""Jack.P_1P"

Thanks for replying. I really do hope 1Password introduce this before forcing everyone onto V8 on every platform which I imagine you're planning on doing quite soon. I really, really, really don't want to change product because it would be an absolute nightmare to migrate this much data, but I'll be forced to if this happens. I imagine a lot of other people will be in the same position as myself.

All the best,

JW

• RkR
    RkR
    Community Member

Hi Joel,

you have all my solidarity: I am in the same situation as you.

RkR

• MusicMan47
    MusicMan47
    Community Member

Dave, seriously? Your response reads like a politician and typical corporate ceo - planning a public offering any time soon?. If yes, adios.
    Deleting this action to simplify things? it's been 3 months since you "saw a video of it in action" --> let's get the basic UI essentials completed prior to adding more emoji's and other ridiculously unneeded add-ons.
    Back to "simplify things" and more important, It's clear NO ALPHA nor BETA was run with 1Password customers. If they were, then share with users the timing, number of releases, number of customers included, number of transactions/usage per customer, number of responses received from each customer, and tally of customers indicating Yes, 8 is a better product and fully usable/functional to replace 7.
    I don't expect a response. Oh, I'm a user since 2013 and Yes, if a release-calendar isn't released or much action taken to fix this mess by end of year, then it's an easy switch.

• nuggie
    nuggie
    Community Member

Dear Development Team - please improve your roadmap on implementing the sort fields and sections functionality. I have 1700+ items in 1 Password, and definitely rely on this feature. Will be a downgrade-as-long-as-possible-and-not-depreciated issue with lookout to alternatives, if not addressed soon. 1Password 7 has superb features, which seem to be sacrificed for polished look in Version 8. I consider it a bad business decision to put design over functionality. It has to be the other way round: design should follow functionality. Please keep up with your former mission, vision and values - they seem to have gone lost 😡.

• RkR
    RkR
    Community Member

Holy words, dear nuggie!

• chrisby
    chrisby
    Community Member

+1 for rearranging fields/sections

• 👍 Thanks for letting us know this matters chrisby.

• HaWi
    HaWi
    Community Member

+1 same here. Being able to reorder fields is very important to me

• Hi @HaWi:

Thanks for letting us know! I've added you to the internal discussion Tommy and Peter have mentioned above. 🙂

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-372

• HaWi
    HaWi
    Community Member

Thank you, Jack!

• On behalf of Jack, you're welcome. Enjoy the weekend.

• yphoenix
    yphoenix
    Community Member

And another upvote for this.

• You've been added, @yphoenix! Thanks for letting us know this is important to you. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-530

• yphoenix
    yphoenix
    Community Member

You’re welcome, it’s why I keep v7 around - for the functionality missing in v8.

• ShotgunSally
    ShotgunSally
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

The ability to reorder/rearrange fields in 1Password is very important to me. Needs to be fixed!

• chadddddddddddd
    chadddddddddddd
    Community Member

Wow.... not supported. This is a sorely needed, basic iOS feature

• @chadddddddddddd

Thank you for the feedback! I've added your vote to the feature request as well. 🙂

• @MusicMan47 and @ShotgunSally

Thank you both for the feedback. We agree that this is an important feature and, while I don't have a public-facing update to share at the moment, our developers are still actively working to bring this to 1Password 8. Thank you for your patience and I hope that we have good news to share in the future. 🙂

-Dave

• craig_francis
    craig_francis
    Community Member

+1 from me

• FredericC
    FredericC
    Community Member

+1 still waiting, noticed in the beta more than a year ago.

• LittleFriend
    LittleFriend
    Community Member

+1 vote for me too, want this so badly

• drewbombard
    drewbombard
    Community Member

This is honestly one of the only reasons I still keep a copy of 1Password 7 around as we could do it in that version of the Mac app.

• @craig_francis / @FredericC / @LittleFriend / @drewbombard

I've added proxy votes on behalf of each of you to our internal tracker on the topic. Thanks for letting us know you'd like to see this feature in 1Password 8!

• PerRad
    PerRad
    Community Member

I really miss this feature, too!

This discussion has been closed.