Wrong Sections Being Filled By 1Password

Options
TheFalcon
TheFalcon
Community Member

Hi there,

I have a site that 1 Password fills in the wrong boxes. In the email section it fills in the password and doesn’t put anything in the password section.

In the first photo it shows the error that the site shows and the second photo is just to show the box names which are hidden by the sites warning message.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @TheFalcon

From your screenshots, I'm guessing that you're using the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard to autofill? If so, it'll be iPadOS's Password AutoFill system that decides what to do with the information it requests from 1Password. If it's mishandling the data, possibly because of the way the form is labelled in its code, 1Password won't be able to do anything to solve it.

Try using the 1Password Safari extension to see how that works instead. Here's what to do:

1. Tap the 🧩 puzzle-piece icon in the address bar of Safari to open the Extensions menu.
    2. Turn on 1Password.
    3. Enter your account password to unlock it.

⚠️ Make sure you tap "Always Allow on Every Website" at each prompt for permission.

Then, you'll see a menu below form fields much like you would on your computer. 1Password has a lot more control about how forms are filled when using the extension as we don't have to go through iPadOS's Password AutoFill system to do so. This also means we can autofill more item categories, like Identities and Credit Cards.

You can find out more about using 1Password in Safari on your iPad here: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad.

Give that a try and let me know if 1Password in Safari fills the form more reliably. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• TheFalcon
    TheFalcon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @GreyM1P ,

That worked perfectly. Your guesses were bang on and I was indeed using the key icon.

I’ll be using the Safari extension from now on.

Thanks for your help.

• @TheFalcon – You're welcome! Have a go with 1Password for Safari and if you run into any trouble with it or need to ask something, please do let me know.

This discussion has been closed.