1Password 8 Ad Banner

Options
finwe
finwe
Community Member

Please, not again.

Why do you bother your users irregardless of what they have already bought/paid, what they are using on different devices, and irregardles of previous grievances, which there are plenty on this forum?

I like 1Password, I really do, but every time you do something like this, I want to quit.

1Password Version: 7.x
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: n/a
Browser:_ n/a

Comments

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

That said: I already have the membership. Where can I get my 50% off without upgrading this particular 1Password instance?

• ag_mike_d
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hello @finwe,

I apologize for inconvenience this ad banner has caused you. I wanted to direct you to a post that best explains our thoughts behind banner's like this. Edit: Moving forward, closing the banner by clicking the Cancel button should prevent this from returning.

With regard to your question about the offered discount, this is subject to license holders that are new subscribers to 1Password. If you'd like to reach out to us support+forum@1Password.com a member of the billing team can take a look to see if there are any other suitable promotions that can be offered to you.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for using 1Password!

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the post, I read it thorougly the last time I went ranting about this and found it.

E-mailed to the mentioned address and will see.

• Thanks for getting back to us @finwe, someone will be in touch with you via email as soon as possible.

• Hello again @finwe,

I wanted to send you quick follow-up about an edit I just made to my previous reply from earlier today. After chatting with the team, I found out that I was mistaken. As you may have already discovered and so others who read this discussion, clicking the X to close this bulletin will only dismiss it. To close it permanently, you can use the Cancel button. I've opened an issue internally for the product to review this behaviour and look in to making improvements here. Thanks again and have a great day!

ref: IDEA-I-1690

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_mike_d, I was temporarily two patch versions behind (trying to solve application crashes in a different thread), but after returning to 7.9.832, I am seeing the banner EVERY TIME I wake up the computer and try to unlock the workspace. X or Cancel doesn't matter, I have tried both to no avail.

• Hi @finwe! Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear that after returning to 7.9.832, the bulletin appears every time you wake up your computer and try to unlock. This definitely doesn't sound like the intended behaviour, and we do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

To investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to email us a diagnostics report:

Attach this file in an email addressed to support+windows@1password.com. With your email please include:

You'll receive an automated response from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I might have been too hasty when describing the banner showing on every wakeup. Now it seems it was shown every time upon upgrading/downgrading, but even then I think it should retain its "cancellation" status.

• Hello @finwe,

Thanks for letting us know. I've seen the same behaviour during some testing this morning with uninstalls/re-installs of version 7.

Regarding your comment about version 7 retaining the Cancelled status of the bulletin through reinstalls, I've passed this feedback additional along to the team. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.