Feature Request: context menu to fill floating windows

Options
dnk
dnk
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Windows

Hi there,

Since moving to 1 password, I have one feature I miss from my previous vault... I would love to see an option in the right-click menu (on a web page) to fill out matching entries.

The use case for this would be things like popup authentication windows or browser extensions that are only open while you are active within, etc.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux, IOS, Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @dnk,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this request.

In cases like this, are you able to open a login in a new window (Ctrl + O) and drag and drop your credentials? If not, could you provide some examples of URLs or browser extensions where this is not working? We'd be happy to open a feature request and provide the details to the product team for future consideration.

• dnk
    dnk
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d - In my use case, no - as when I move my mouse off the popup, it disappears when I try to drag over the credentials. So the target is then gone. 👍

• Hello again @dnk,

I appreciate the clarification. Would you mind providing some examples of where you are seeing troubles? I'd like to test and to be able to provide some additional details to the product team when opening a feature request. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.