Multiple logins – iPad

Options
pixycz
pixycz
Community Member

For several web sites, I have multiple logins. In Chrome, 1Password offers me always the first one (in alphabetical order, I guess) which is very annoying, as in 99% cases I use another login – and it takes 3–4 more clicks to switch the login. Unfortunately, the same situation appears next time again, 1Password doesn't remember the last login used for the site and offers the first login in the list again.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @pixycz

Do you see a suggested Login on the keyboard, a bit like this example from an iPhone?

If so, that's iOS's own Password AutoFill system deciding which item to suggest and isn't governed by 1Password. (1Password can only provide the information that iOS requests and can't decide what iOS does with it after that.)

You can turn these suggestions off, so that you always just see the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard instead, if you'd prefer. Here's what to do:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the account and collection chooser at the top of the sidebar and tap Settings...
    3. In the Autofill section, turn off "Show filling suggestions".

That way, you can tap the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard, and you'll be shown all matching Logins at the same time. Then you can choose the one you want with a single tap.

If you're seeing something different, please let me know, and if you can take a screenshot to show me, that would be even better: Take a screenshot on your iPad 🔍👀 Check that no personal information such as any email addresses, usernames, passwords, your credit card number, Secret Key or account password are visible.️ If there is personal information visible, use Markup to cover it up. Don't use the chisel-tip marker to do this, because it's slightly transparent.

I look forward to hearing from you. Let me know if you have any questions or need any further help. :)

— Grey

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

No, it's not like this. This is how it looked with 1Pwd 7, and it worked fine. I have switched to 1Pwd 8 and now it looks different. There is a blue button with a single (wrong) login (starting with "b"). Sorry the screenshot is in Czech:

I tried to make the main login (starting with "p") listed first and favoritize it in 1Pwd, but it didn't help.

On my iPhone, I keep 1Pwd 7 – it looks the same, the same blue button, but the main login is suggested correctly. On my iPad, when I switched to 1Pwd 8, the suggestions don't work, the wrong login is beeing suggested every time. I know I can click the key icon, select the correct login and confirm with touchID (and I do that) – but it's annoying. I visit this site many times every day and I have to do these 3 additional clicks every single time. And sometimes I just misclick and log in with the wrong ID which I don't want to. :(

Can I switch back to 1Pwd 7 on my iPad? Is it available in the AppStore?

• @pixycz

Ah, I see. The big blue button there might make a suggestion on which Login to use, but that suggestion is made by iOS's Password AutoFill system, rather than 1Password. iOS will ask 1Password for any suitable Logins, and their usernames and passwords, then it will decide on its own which one to offer you. We don't have any say over which item is suggested, unfortunately. If you find that the suggestion is consistently wrong, you can turn it off, so that you just see the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard instead. That way, you can tap the "🔑 Passwords" button and choose the correct Login with a single tap. That might be how you had it set up in 1Password 7.

Here's what to do:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. At the top of the sidebar, tap the account and collection chooser and tap Settings...
    3. In the AutoFill section, turn off "Show filling suggestions".

Then, when you go to a website and are asked to sign in, you'll see this instead:

You can redownload 1Password 7 from the Purchases section of the App Store, but it sounds like the setting I've mentioned above is more likely to be the cause of the problem. Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help.

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry I wasn't correct. I use Chrome as primary browser on my iPad, but for one specific site I have to use Safari. It works as you show in Chrome, but Safari is different.

In Safari (iPad), two possible options appear. When I open/reload the web site, the blue button with the "b…" login appears. If I click, somewhere else, it disappears and when I focus the login input next time, this appears at the bottom of the screen:

Also with the "b…" login preselected.

The problem is, it works fine in both browsers and offers me the correct (last used) login – but with 1Password 7. If I switch to 1Password 8, this happens and the wrong (alphabetically first) login is forced to me every time. It's not iOS problem, it's 1Pwd8 related. The same device, the same iOS version + 1Pwd7 = OK; the same setup + 1Pwd8 = this issue.

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member
    Options

Long story short: Yes, I can "solve" it by turning suggestions off in settings. Now, I have to log in in a much complicated way – I have to scroll and zoom to the the login input and click into it (because it's not preselected with suggestions off), I have to click the key icon at the opposite side of the screen, select the correct login from the list and authorize with touchID. If the suggestions were on, it was much easier – the input was preselected and I just clicked the blue button and touchID. It worked fine – until I switched to 1Pwd8. Since then, the wrong login is offered to me and I can't change it.

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member
    Options

I switched back to 1Pwd 7. The result is instant:

My favorite login is preselected again. I'll stay with 1Pwd 7 on my iOS devices – and there are many other reasons (missing categories in 1Pwd8, search hidden in sidebar and other issues). I'm fine with 1Pwd 8 on my mac, but the iOS version is not well-done, too many UX fails for me.

This discussion has been closed.