US Cellular said antivirus software is seen as a virus on the Samsung Galaxy S22. Is this true?

Options
Luikart
Luikart
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Android

US Cellular said antivirus software is not needed on the Samsung Galaxy S22. I have used 1password on all my previous cellphones. USCellular tech said 1Password was causing my apps, specifically my alarm clock, to not work correctly.

Model number SM-S901U

One UI version - 4.1

1Password Version: 1Password 8 8/25/2022
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android Ver 12
Browser: Chrome 66.207.26.210
Referrer: forum-search:US Cellular said antivirus software is seen as a virus on the Samsung Galaxy S22. Is this true?

Comments

• Hello @Luikart, thanks for your question!

Contemporary Android devices have in built protection against malicious software and websites. While antivirus software can sometimes interfere with other apps or processes, they shouldn't be seen as a virus assuming they come from a trusted source. That being said, the choice to use antivirus apps on your phone is ultimately up to you. I will note that 1Password is not an antivirus app.

1Password for Android does make use of system clocks on Android devices (such as for the Auto-Lock on Exit setting) but it shouldn't interfere with your alarm clock. Could you let us know what isn't working correctly with your alarm clock? I'd also like to ask if you use the default Samsung clock or a different clock app?

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.