Best Procedure To Fix Family Subscription for 1Password 8?

curtpusa
curtpusa
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Families

I have just recently updated 1Password 7 to 8 on 2 iMacs, a couple iPhones & a couple iPads owned by myself & spouse. About a year ago I moved from 2 single subscriptions to a family subscription. It never really worked perfectly on my wife’s devices. Suspect I probably messed it up when I tried to get both on the family plan. After updating our IOS devices to 1Password 8, the two Macs are OK, but her IOS device apps do not see 1Password and requires me to manually copy the passwords from the 1Password app to log onto most sites. There are about 200 passwords that we share equally & I just want 1Password to work on all devices. I’ve noticed that she can still log into her old single subscription to my.1password.com & includes her old secret key. Right now it is set up with 1 Personal vault named (Family’s Names Family) & a Shared Vault. I assumed the Shared Vault would be hers. Right now the two vaults hold pretty much the same userID’s and passwords. Would like to get this working correctly for once.
I’m thinking the easy way to straighten this whole thing out is to completely delete 1Password from her Mac & devices and then reinstall 1Password 8 using the one family subscription key. My Mac & devices are for the most part OK with 1Password 8.

Would this be the best/easiest and maybe the less complicated route to proceed to get both of us on the same track with 1Password 8?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Latest version on Apple App Store
OS Version: MacOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:family subscription setup

Comments

• Hey there @curtpusa

It sounds like you might be in a bit of a muddle, what with your spouse still having an individual account as well as being part of 1Password Families.

Because this issue relates to your accounts and subscriptions and whatnot, the best thing to do will be to email us at support+forum@1password.com, including a link to this thread and you'll receive a reply from BitBot containing a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123]

☞ Please post that conversation number here. Then, one of our team will get back to you as soon as they can. :)

— Grey

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member

Conversation # as requested. [#YWH-49165-798]

• @curtpusa

Thank you! I can see we've received your message. One of the team will reply to you soon. I'll close this thread now just to avoid any duplicate answers. :)

This discussion has been closed.