After typing in the password (to login), please put the cursor in the search box (as before)

Filip0401
Filip0401
Community Member

When 1Password is locked: after clicking on the 1Password icon (or typing shift+control+x) you have to type in the password. After that, the cursor should be in the search box, to my opinion. It's the fastest way to access any item. In the past, this was the case.
Now you have to click in the search box in order to be able to type in it.

1Password Version: Browser extension
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited October 2022

Hi there @Filip0401

I've tested the steps you mentioned, and I get the same result: the cursor isn't in focus in the search box. It's the same in Chrome as well. Firefox doesn't show 1Password in the browser after unlocking and needs to be invoked a second time, but then it focuses in the search box as expected.

We're investigating this behaviour already, but I'll pass along your case (and my findings) to the development team to help them. We hope to have a fix for this in the near future.

In the meantime, unlocking 1Password for Windows first will mean that pressing Shift+Ctrl+X will open 1Password in Edge to the search field. You can set a shortcut to "Show 1Password" in the Settings of 1Password for Windows. If 1Password is locked, you'll be prompted to unlock it.

Alternatively, you can press the Tab key twice to bring the search field into focus.

Thanks for your feedback about this, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

ref: dev/core/core#15775

• Filip0401
    Filip0401
    Community Member

Thank you @Grey1MP for your swift answer.
    Let's hope that the development team picks it up soon. In the meantime we can work as instructed.

• @Filip0401 – You're very welcome. Let us know if you need any help in the future and we'll be here. :)

This discussion has been closed.