Love The New Password 8 Apple Watch (Beta) App, But...

nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited October 2022 in iOS

The new watchOS app for 1Password 8.x.x is great, and I have a little feedback, but to be honest, I'm happy it now exists.

1. App Always Shows Passwords In Large Туре
    When viewing the contents of a field, such as tapping on a password or passcode to reveal it, it automatically shows in both small print and in Large Type ( see: https:// imgur.com/a/hNTy9QK ). But I'd liked to have perhaps a button (or a setting of some sort) for showing/ revealing the contents in Large Type, that way can limit it to only showing the small print.

2. Favorites Aren't Visually Separate From The Rest Of The Items
    I really like that Favorites are included up top, but I'd like to see a thin separation line (or the equivalent), if possible. Just to clean it up a bit.

3. Fast-Scrolling Doesn't Show The "Speed Dial" Interface
    When fast-scrolling through the items on Apple Watch, the "speed dial" interface, which skips based on letters of the alphabet, isn't available in the app.

1Password Version: 80906052
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.1.x
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @nimvio. Thanks so much for chiming in with your experience with the new Apple Watch beta app. We really appreciate the input on what changes you'd like to see. I've already shared them with our teams internally. Some of the initial feedback was that there doesn't appear to be an obvious way to do this on watchOS using SwiftUI:

Fast-Scrolling Doesn't Show The "Speed Dial" Interface
    When fast-scrolling through the items on Apple Watch, the "speed dial" interface, which skips based on letters of the alphabet, isn't available in the app.

🤔

But I did see that the Contacts app has a pretty nifty UI for scrolling quickly alphabetically. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for? In any event, we'll keep an ear out for further feedback on all of these points, and hopefully we'll be able to incorporate it into future iterations of the app. Thanks again for trying it out and taking the time to share your input!

Ben

ref: IDEA-I-2007 IDEA-I-2008 IDEA-I-2009

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

One area that could do with improvement, reducing the displayed url length for an item. Some items have really long url’s and this can take a while to scroll past. It’s obviously made worse by the small screen.

• @chris55

Done! I hadn't noticed this. I'm ridding your coattails on this one. Hopefully, all the way to the finish line. 😁

Thanks.

ref: IDEA-I-2011

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member

@ag_tommy , @Ben , thanks for the reply. And yes, @Ben , the example you used of scrolling in the watch Contacts app is what I’m referring to.

@chris55 , thank you for the added input. I like your idea, but I hesitate to fully commit, because my worries were that they’d change the UI interface to cut off long text fields (such as in a simple text field, which I use to save my secret question questions) in 1Password 8, and those came true.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

@nimvio the thing is, a long url is useless piece of UI on an Apple Watch. Long text fields wouldn’t be. My suggestion is just for url fields.

• @nimvio

My feature request that was filed was specific to the URL as @chris55 described.

• The watch app is available in production channels now. :)

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Apple Watch URL’s now display an ellipsis if it’s long in the latest TestFlight released today 💪🏽💪🏽 much better. Great work.

• Excellent!

This discussion has been closed.