Sign in from Ipad to Scotiabank Accounts

Options
BobBarker
BobBarker
Community Member
edited February 2022 in iOS

My wife and I have separate bank accounts, different ID’s and our own passwords on a Current Ipad to access our Canadian Scotiabank accounts.. Logging into Scotiabank on the IPAD is hit and miss, invariably the wrong user-id is chosen by 1Password, or, less often, the wrong password. There is no sure way to get the right combination on the first try, so I have given up accessing the accounts on IPAD. This is necessary since too many misses results in having to reset passwords - which is a nightmare while trying to keep track of what 1password is doing too. Since 1 password works mostly seamlessly on the other 130 password protected accounts, I assume that the clever folks at Scotiabank are zealously protecting me from myself.

The same accounts and set up works more reliably (but still not 100%) on our IMAC or on a MacBook Pro using a web log in to the same bank accounts.

Any ideas or suggestions, other than changing banks? Is anyone else reporting issues with Scotiabank log ins?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @BobBarker:

I'm sorry you and your wife are running into trouble here with your Scotiabank accounts, and I'd be happy to help dig into this and get things smoothed out for you both.

Just to rule everything out, just to confirm, you and your wife each have a Scotiabank Login item saved in 1Password, looking something like this?

Or do you have extra duplicate Scotiabank Login items, more than just one for each of you?

Let me know, and I can dig in further with you!

Jack

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

Not as shown. We each have a seperate login item which are sequential to each other in the list of accounts. Note that the majority of problems seem to occur with the Scotiabank App running on IPAD or Iphone. It is so inconsistent that I have abandoned use of the Scotiabank/1password on the IPAD and only use it on a Macbook through the Scotiabank website. This seems to be fairly reliable now.

The Scotiabank App was updated by me last week in the hope that things may have improved, but they are much the same. Invariably the app selects my account or my wife at random, then will not change the account, nor add the correct password. I usually give up at that stage and go to my Macbook instead.

• Ben
    Options

@BobBarker

Two settings I'd recommend setting, if they are not already, on the iPad:

• 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Always show lock screen for Password AutoFill: on
    • 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill > Show usernames and websites: off

Please try that and let me know if that improves your experience with selecting the proper login item for the Scotiabank app on the iPad.

Ben

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that is much improved on the IPAD, I assume, and hope, it has no effect on the Mac desktop login which was working - will try and report if there are any difficulties.

• Ben
    Options

Wouldn't have any impact on the Mac at all — those settings are device specific. Glad to hear it helped! 🙂

Ben

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

I recently wrote a new long note about this saga, on Version 8 (cannot find it in your index - perhaps you dumped it in the same frustration I feel).
    Running on a current iMac, with current Mac OS and current 1password8, the login process for the two accounts, discussed in earlier chats, is is now very much faster if I simply enter the URL, the account number and password manually and just not bother with the password manager. Any use of 1Password8 just adds layers of frustration, always, always, regardless of which of the two 1password entries I attempt to log into, either it picks the wrong user id or the wrong password or both! If I use autofill, it will fill each of user id and password, but it takes two trips to autofill and the password is always hidden by the 1 password rondel, so I am never sure if the password is right! . Using 1password8 takes several attempts, frequently I get locked out of one or both bank accounts (too many login attempts).
    If you have someway to observe this process in real time, let me know, it is too hard to describe something which is so frustratingly inconsistent.

This discussion has been closed.