I Lost My iPhone With 1Password Pro On It. What Next?

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I lost my iPhone on the weekend :sad:

Find my iPhone didn't work. Suspiciously it went right to voicemail when I tried to dial the number. To avoid abuse of my cell account, I called the carrier to bar the SIM.

The phone was definitely locked and had the setting to wipe itself after 10 failed attempts. Almost all of my passwords in 1Password required the master password to access them. The master password was 14 characters with a mixture of numbers, uppercase, lowercase and symbols.

1. Now in theory, all that stuff in 1Password cannot be decoded in my lifetime right?

2. Would you systematically go through all your passwords and change them or is that just a silly waste of time? I have already changed anything to do with finance or sites that hold my credit card details.

Thanks

PP

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 1969
    I just want to say in addition to Stu's answers, I know some people can't sleep knowing that somebody could potentially have some of your passwords. So don't feel that it's a silly waste of time to change all of your password, it's a valid reason to do so and it also improves your security by changing all of your password once in a while.

You had a very strong password and it could take decades to figure it out but guess what? You can make the worrying go away by changing all the passwords, so that even if the hacker ever gets in, none of the information in there is worth anything.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for your replies gentlemen.

Mike, I have followed your good advice.
This discussion has been closed.