1password says my secret key is invalid, but I need the key to FIND the key. What is the sense

Options

I continue to struggle with your software. I think I have my Secret Key, but it says its invalid. And in order to retrieve my secret key, I need my secret key to login. What sense does that make?

Of course I can’t even login to support because my Key is invalid.

I have in #1. An ipad and an #2. An ipad pro and a #3. An iphone. My #2. Ipad pro crashed and is done. I can access 1password on my #1. Ipad using the same password. It does not work on my iphone. I was hoping to put it on my pc, but alas secret code is listed as invalid.

Am I at the point I where I just need to cut my losses and transfer manually my info to a competitor? I feel like every time I need to add or change a device, it is unbelievably cumbersome. It all has just been an amazing mess. Works great as long as I depend on 1 single device, multiple devices don’t work at all. Unfortunately, my 1 single device is toast.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password says my secret key is invalid, but I need the key to FIND the key. What is the sense

Comments

• Hi @rfitz9 👋🏻

Apologies for the delay and I'm sorry to hear you're unable to locate your Secret Key. I'm happy to help and appreciate you providing such detail!

Since you mentioned you can access 1Password on one of your devices, I recommend locating your account details there. Search for a 1Password Account item in your vault. You should see your Secret Key there. Alternatively, if you have a copy of your Emergency Kit, you can find your Secret Key there.

I'd also recommend checking if you can sign in to your account on 1Password.com.

Let me know how this goes and we can figure out our next steps from there. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.