your new layout hides fields on my 10" tablet in portrait mode

Options
bdcerutti
bdcerutti
Community Member

i would suggest you treat tablet portrait just like you do a phone. Here are some problems I've encountered that this would fix:

1. I use a Samsung Galaxy 10" tablet. I use it in portrait mode 90% of the time. When I access 1Password 8 I pull down the menu from the hamburger in the upper left of the screen. I click on search. I enter the search criteria and click enter. The results come up but they are behind the menu. You should retract the menu once I click enter so I can see the results.

The same is true when I click on "all items" in the menu. I can't see them until I manually retract the menu.

1. When I bring up an app like American Express, 1Password 8 shows me possible passwords. I then choose one. If I haven't logged into 1Password for a while, it then opens a new window to have me enter my 1Password password. When I am in portrait the field to enter the password in does not show. It is off the bottom of the screen. The "my account" icon appears at the bottom of the screen. When I rotate my tablet to landscape, the password entry field appears below the my account icon. When I rotate back to portrait it disappears again.

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Issues with tablet in portrait mode

Comments

• Hello @bdcerutti, thanks for letting us know about these issues on your device.

Issue 1 should be resolved in our current beta releases. In that version after tapping Search, All Items or another section in the navigation drawer, the drawer will close. While I don't have a timeline to share, we should see this change in upcoming production releases as well.

Issue 2 is currently open with our development team. As you mentioned, rotating to landscape can server as a workaround. Alternatively, after selecting an Autofill suggestion, the lock screen's password field should be focused so you can try typing in your account password and tapping enter on your keyboard. I understand that neither option is ideal and I apologize for the trouble.

If there's anything else we can help with at this time, just let us know! Thanks again.

ref: dev/core/core#17201

This discussion has been closed.