How can I change the date format on the credit card entry form to mm/yyyy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I change the Date format from yyyy/mm

Comments

• @dmdcissp

Where are you at? Filling on a page? In an app? If it's within an app please let me know the version in use. The format should be in mm/yyyy in the apps. Please let us know more.

App:

• dmdcissp
    dmdcissp
    Community Member

It is in the Vault entry form for credit card information. It lists it as yyyy/mm and not mm/yyyy.

• dmdcissp
    dmdcissp
    Community Member

I am new to 1Password and working on the free trial for the families product, however I have retired after over 35 years in the computer industry, both programming and security.

• dmdcissp
    dmdcissp
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

I normally use F-Secure however they have recently removed the Auto-fill option from their browser extension which is why I am looking into 1Password. As an option, can I just change the CSS field to reflect the correct format?

• @dmdcissp

Thanks for that clue. I'm thinking you are experiencing a bug the team recently located, a display bug. Is this within a saved item? Can you illustrate with a faux item? Just to be sure I am on the correct path. If that's not it, it may be that your using a date time setting set differently within macOS. Is your date set appropriately? To further clarify are you using 1Password 8?

• Please do not post personal information here. It is a public forum. Use faux items for your privacy.
  • MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2022

@ag_tommy / @dmdcissp

I think @dmdcissp is trying to create an entry via 1Password.com. The Credit Card expiry and valid from dates are shown and input as yyyy/mm, which is the opposite as the apps which show and require entry as mm/yyyy.

@dmdcissp - the raw data is stored such that 1Password can auto-fill expiration dates correctly, assuming it is able to auto-fill a particular site. The desktop apps and 1Password.com site won't allow you to enter invalid dates. Just enter them as shown.

On a tangent, I had not realized that F-Secure Key was updated to support Credit Card entries, so I'm glad I saw this post. I just updated the fscurekey converter in the converter suite to handle those and the data from the latest version.

• Thanks @MrC

That could explain it. I am a super heavy desktop user and as very super small web site entry user.

This discussion has been closed.