Unable to auto-fill username after updating from 1password7 to 1password8

Comments

• Thanks for the additional details.

@dmpaul1 does this appear to be the correct sign in page for Generac? If so, I get the "Contents can't be Autofilled" toast with a long press > ⋮ > Autofill when using 1Passowrd 7 or 8 as the Autofill service. It may be an issue on Generac's end or ours so I've gone ahead and shared it with the team here.

@ZaitsevGR, is that the Piraeus bank web sign in page? If so, I'm seeing similar behavior and I've gone ahead and reported it to the team.

While It's not a great solution, I did find a bit of a workaround. For me on the Piraeus site, if I tapped the password field so the Autofill prompt appears then lock > unlock my device and tap the username field the Autofill prompt remains and tapping it fills both fields.

With the 1Password community forum website I am prompted to fill from both fields without any workarounds. Which version of 1Password for Android do you have installed (Settings > About)?

@SomebodySomewhere, thanks for letting us know that's been an issue for you too. Banking sites can be tricky as in built security precautions can add additional barriers to Autofill. If you would like to share which banking sites you've had an issue with I would be happy to take a look.

Thanks again!

• dmpaul1
    dmpaul1
    Community Member

Yes that is the correct login

• dmpaul1
    dmpaul1
    Community Member

1password 8.9.7-7 beta

• THV
    THV
    Community Member

Same here.
    On any service of the government site ( https://www.gov.gr/ ).
    And in general everywhere that needs verification on this one https://www1.gsis.gr/oauth2server/login.jsp

I have already reported it via email. I just wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem.

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member

All banking sites like
    ING banking
    And even when you want to pay by iDeal.
    Auto fill is on.
    No 1PW icon in the fields.
    Only possible to enter by copy/paste.

• Hi @SomebodySomewhere

I've tested autofill on the ING banking site on the following URL - https://mijn.ing.nl/login/ and 1Password didn't offer to autofill login details when using Chrome browser. When I tested using Firefox, filling was successful with 1Password successfully filling both fields.

In regard to iDeal, I downloaded the app but was unable to test, due to a QR code being the only option to sign in to the app.

I'll go ahead and report both these to our team to make them aware of the issue.

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member

We do not is iDEAL apps.
    Of you buy something online than you can pay by iDeal with go automatically to the bank site you give in. Than 1PW does not appear.

Not everybody use Firefox.
    We use Chrome on phones and laptop.

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member

Thanking you for you're answer @BrendanR1P

• Thanks for confirming that @dmpaul1.

@THV, thanks for reporting and checking in here as well.

Thanks for clarifying that regarding iDEAL @SomebodySomewhere.

Is the ING sign in page shown below the one typically used?

If so, I was able to fill my test credentials in Chrome. Brendan mentioned seeing different behavior so further investigation would be worthwhile. Thanks again for letting us know about this issue.

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member

@ag_timothy

Hallo,

That is the site.
    That site only will be used on a laptop.

And is the site without the possibility to fill in with 1PW on a laptop (Windows10 and Chrome)

On a phone there is a app for.
    1PW will not be used for the app.

• WWisey
    WWisey
    Community Member

Auto fill is not working for 1Password since upgrading to version 8 of the app on Android, pixel 6 phone. This seems to be quite common, is there a solution that works?

• Thanks for clarifying that @SomebodySomewhere. I can fill my test credentials with the extension on the desktop browser as well as with the Android app. Have the issues with this app and website continued for you?

Hi @WWisey, sorry to hear you've run into filling issues! I've just replied to you in another thread: https://1password.community/discussion/132568/1password-8-not-working-on-android#latest

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member

I can not test it yet.
    Personal circumstances.
    Try it as soon as possible.

• Please feel free to take your time SomebodySomewhere. We'll be here to help when you have the opportunity!

• AngryPenguin
    AngryPenguin
    Community Member

The "upgrade" to 1Password8 is the worst upgrade ever; a once wonderful tool is now utterly useless. Autofill isn't working, double-clicking to launch and fill is gone. Can someone please share instructions for how to downgrade on iMac running Monterey 12.6? This is a huge time suck for me.

• THV
    THV
    Community Member

Any fix on this?

• Hi @THV, thanks for following up.

Are you referring to filling on gov.gr sites? If so, with version 8.9.7-7, on browsers that have Autofill compatibility (Chrome, Brave, Edge and a few others) I can fill a test password from the password field. On browsers with Autofill support (Firefox, DuckDuckGo, Vivaldi, Opera Touch) I can fill both fields. Do you see the same in your browser?

• THV
    THV
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply.
    I am using Chrome and 8.9.3 version and I see the same behavior with yours . I've tested on Firefox and worked without a problem.

• Hi @THV, thanks for confirming that. It looks like there's been some improvement but still some more to go. I've updated the report with the relevant information. Thanks again!

• Ham
    Ham
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue on Android 13. Usernames/text input fields don't get autofilled, but passwords do. Quite frustrating as I have to go into the 1P app to get the username.

Using a Galaxy S22+ with latest Android and all proper autofill related settings (including accessibility) enabled.

• Hi @Ham, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry filling isn't working as expected for you on your S22+.

I'd like to ask you to send us a message at support+forum@1password.com so we can look in to this issue more closely. With your message, please include a description of the issue. You'll get an auto-reply from BitBot which gives you a support number, that looks like [#ABC-12345-123], and if you post that here, I'll make sure your message gets to the right place. Thanks again!

• DreamingVoid
    DreamingVoid
    Community Member

Connecting Google home to Hulu on pixel 4/4a, "open 1 password" refuses to show in email field. When filling password, it does not back fill email. Useless trash. Can't wait for sub to end.

• rfr
    rfr
    Community Member

Same here for several sites on Galaxy S21 ultra (e.g. login.emef.ac.il/login) and several apps
    \

• Hi @DreamingVoid, @rfr, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry this has been your experience so far with 1Password for Android.

@DreamingVoid would that be the Hulu app or website you're accessing through Google Home? If it's the app you can try "forcing" Autofill by long pressing the email field then tapping Autofill or ⋮ > Autofill. It may also be helpful to set Display Autofill prompts to Below the fields how they relate to from Settings > Autofill.

Let us know how that goes.

@rfr I was able to fill a username and password on the site you mentioned in Chrome. When you visit this site if your username or email prefilled by the "remember me" option? If so, I'd like to ask that you try setting Autofill prompts below fields as well:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Tap Display Autofill prompts > Below the fields they relate to.

If the issue continues, let me know which browser you're using. If you'd like to list some of the apps where 1Password isn't filling as expected I'd be happy to take a look at those as well.

Thanks again!

• rfr
    rfr
    Community Member

I've reverted to 1password7 and it works as a charm.
    With 1password 8 it suggests the autofill only on the password field (and only fills it)

• ag_timothy
    edited January 2023

Thanks for the update @rfr. I'm glad to hear the switch has worked for you. 1Password 8 is the way forward, so if you'd like to update again in the future feel free to reach out and we'll be here to help!

• rfr
    rfr
    Community Member

It's a very weird response. Seems that you're not here to help.
    1password 8 does not work for me (and others, it seems), and even after 3-4months there is still no solution.

• alr56
    alr56
    Community Member

Very odd. Found a way to work.
    username was not auto-filling (only the password) for my bank account
    The request from the bank site was "card number" and not "username"
    I edited the card by adding a text field with the label "card number" and put into the content my username

• Hi @rfr, I'm sorry my suggestions have not been more helpful. If you haven't reached out to us via email, I'd like to ask you to do so. Autofill issues can stem from a number of sources so this will help us investigate and resolve the specific issue on your device.

You can email us at support+forum@1password.com. Please include a brief description of the issue with your message. You'll get an auto-reply from BitBot which gives you a conversation number, that looks like [#ABC-12345-123]. You can post that here and I'll be sure you message gets to the right place.

Hi @alr56, thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that worked for you.

• ksent
    ksent
    Community Member

My experience on a Pixel 6 is that it is consistent per app. Like in one app it'll always offer the autofill for both username and password and in another app it'll never offer autofill for username but will for password, and another it won't offer either. Expect on browsers where it is consistent per site/browser combination instead of the whole browser. Like the Garadget (garage door opener) app never offers autofill for neither username nor password (and long press doesn't offer autofill). I use a few different browsers, in a chromium based browser I use, the website coastal24.com always offers autofill for username and password, whereas the Firefox based browser only offers autofill on the password field at the same website, but it does work for username on different websites. I'm not sure what the browsers are doing differently in the background to cause this. In 1password 7, I think I was using the accessibility option to get around this but that option went away with version 8. I've been dealing with it for a while since I switched to v8 and just decided to see if there was any settings I'm missing and found this post.

This discussion has been closed.