Navigation bar turns transparent (UI bug)

Options
johngraybosch
johngraybosch
Community Member

On my iPhone 13 mini running iOS 16.0 and 1Password 8.9.5 the bottom navigation button panel ( Home | Items | Search | Watchtower ) becomes transparent after selecting a category to browse from the Items page. So as you scroll through the logins, the rows run through the bottom of the screen with the navigation icons overlayed on top.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.0
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @johngraybosch

I couldn't reproduce this issue with an iPhone 12 mini, running iOS 16.0.2 and 1Password 8.9.5. I could see the slight transparency in the navigation bar as expected, but it didn't go fully transparent under any circumstances.

Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

☝️ Don't use the marker pen to hide sensitive information.

Post the screenshot here and I'll take a look. :)

— Grey

• johngraybosch
    johngraybosch
    Community Member
    Options

Here’s a cropped screenshot. I figured out the cause. On my iPhone I have the text size turned up. Settings > Display and Brightness > Text Size. Mine is set to the second to last notch. If I reset it to normal, the middle, the navigation bar is not transparent, as expected. It flickers for a split second, though from transparent to to opaque / translucent. So I’m guessing it’s a layout bug that has to do with text size (dynamic type) on iPhone.

• @johngraybosch

That's interesting! Thanks for that information. I've been able to reproduce this now too, so I'll pass this all on to the development team for them to assess. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope we can have that fixed soon. :)

ref: dev/core/core#17979

This discussion has been closed.