Face ID not working & forgot Master Wasswort

Options
Tabo87
Tabo87
Community Member

Hi,

I have been using 1Passwort 7 for a bit now and today Face ID has stopped working.
As I, unfortunately, forgot my Master Password I currently have no way to access my passwords which isn't good to say the least.

I understand that you can't reset the PW etc. etc. etc and unfortunately, I have not downloaded my Secret Key and do not use 1Password on any other device.

I have looked through this article: https://support.1password.com/forgot-account-password/ and haven't found anything that'll help,

Now the question is: Is there any way to access the account or if not create a new one and transfer the content or is basically everything lost and I have to create new passwords for basically everything?

To provide some details:

1PW version: 7
iPhone: 13
iOS: 15.6.1

Thanks everyone

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @Tabo87

I'm sorry you're in this spot. If Face ID has failed or been disabled and you do not recall the password, then your data is very likely not recoverable. I would highly recommend following our forgotten password guide.

🤔 🔒 If you forgot your 1Password account password or you can't unlock the app What further compounds the problem is this was a single device and you do not have the Secret Key. The key is 1/2 of the combination of your account. Without it the data would not be accessible.

I would also suggest emailing us. My colleagues can help you get into a new account if needed and make sure you're not paying for that original account.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

This discussion has been closed.