1password on Apple Watch gone after updating to 1password 8

Options
FurryFireball
FurryFireball
Community Member

I use 1password on my watch to get to my one-time password and after upgrading to 1password 8, access to my one time password has been removed from my watch. I don't see the app anywhere. Any suggestions to get it back so I can quickly access my one-time password without having to pull out my phone? Thank You

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• stevesam
    stevesam
    Community Member
    Options

1password on Apple Watch gone after updating to 1password 8
    Just happened to me as well, Pretty bad practice for a company to release an update and just remove features without giving any notice.

Flags a warning that 1Password may not be best choice any more

may have to switch to Lastpass

• DJRiful
    DJRiful
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, 1password 8 has no support for Apple Watch?

• Hi @DJRiful / @stevesam / @noraar / @FurryFireball:

We have nothing to announce with regards to a Watch app in 1Password 8. If the Watch app is a part of your workflow, please let us know how you’re using it (you can write in to support+ios@1password.com). In the meantime, you can leave 1Password 7 installed on your phone to retain the Watch app on your wrist. I’ve been running with both installed for over a year now and they do not conflict. 🙂

Jack

• FurryFireball
    FurryFireball
    Community Member
    Options

I will reply to the email. I really hope the team reconsiders because its a huge benefit for 1password users over other password managers.

• @FurryFireball

I replied to your email earlier. Please continue the discussion with us there as needed. Thanks.

• netjedi
    netjedi
    Community Member
    Options

I have just installed version 8 and found all of my OTP’s missing now from my Apple Watch.
    IMHO this was one of the most useful features of the app.

To disable it without notification is a VERY POOR customer experience for paid customers.

• Hey Folks,

Have you seen our new blog posting? As of today, 1Password 8 for Apple Watch is available:

Announcing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch ⌚️

More exciting things to come.

This discussion has been closed.