1password always crashes!!

Options
Russianwaff1e
Russianwaff1e
Community Member

im on ip 13 pro on ios 15.1.1 and 1password8 crashes pretty much all the time doing just about anything. i cant edit, save, or copy/move logins without it crashing. im using 1password8 beta currently thinking it would fix the problem but hasn't, the stable app store release has the same issue. Ive sent multiple crash logs with messages and reply email with no response on both stable and beta versions. can this be fixed? 1password7 doesn't have any issues at all.

1Password Version: 8.96
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 15.1.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @Russianwaff1e

You mention you're running iOS 15.1.1 on an iPhone 13 Pro, which is quite a bit out-of-date by now – the current version of iOS is 16.0.2.

☞ Open the Settings app, then tap General > Software Update to update iOS to the current version and see if that helps.

Crash reports are anonymous, so we can't respond to them individually. If you've emailed us directly and you have a conversation number (which looks like [#ABC-12345-123]) let me know and I can look it up.

Let me know if updating to the current version of iOS stops the crashing. I look forward to hearing how you get on. :)

— Grey

• Russianwaff1e
    Russianwaff1e
    Community Member
    Options

I’m not planning on updating to iOS 16 right now. There’s no benefit for me right now. So, Im assuming my only option is to go back to 1Password7 then?

• @Russianwaff1e

We'd always recommend running the latest available version of the OS for your device to make sure that it's received all current security updates. 1Password 8 should work on iOS 15 or later, but if there are updates for iOS available, the first step is typically to apply those updates.

You can try removing and reinstalling 1Password 8 on your iPhone to see if that would help, but my strong recommendation would be to update to the current version of iOS in any case.

• Russianwaff1e
    Russianwaff1e
    Community Member
    Options

So, update. I reinstalled the app, it’s worked now for a few days, but it’s started to do it again randomly. This time it seems like searching for a login, clicking it, then deciding to add another one causes the issue. Then when I reopen the app, doing just about anything causes it crash.

• @Russianwaff1e

In which case, it's probably best if we get some diagnostics information from 1Password on your iPhone. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

⚠️ Do not post your diagnostics report here.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.