I installed via Brewfile with command: cask "1password/tap/1password-cli". No op in /usr/local/bin

sanctior
sanctior
Community Member
edited October 2022 in CLI

I installed via Brewfile with command: cask "1password/tap/1password-cli". No op in /usr/local/bin

It was asking me for my sudo password. I do not have sudo. I then added
tap "1password/tap"
and it seemed to install.
Still nothing in /usr/local/bin/op

I did a
find / -name op 2>/dev/null
on the system.
No "op".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:op not in /usr/local/bin

Comments

• sanctior
    sanctior
    Community Member

I would like to install op in ~/bin. However, we want to brew cask install this. Is this possible?

• zcutlip
    zcutlip
    Community Member

You can always copy op wherever you want after installing. For example, I keep an archive of old versions for compatibility testing with. However, if you do, you won't be able to use TouchID. There's a component of 1Password.app that needs op to be at a particular path, and it has a specific entitlement that gives it permission to access it there:

codesign -d --entitlements - /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password\ Browser\ Helper.app
    Executable=/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password Browser Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password Browser Helper
    [Dict]
        [Key] com.apple.security.app-sandbox
        [Value]
            [Bool] true
        [Key] com.apple.security.application-groups
        [Value]
            [Array]
                [String] 2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password
        [Key] com.apple.security.temporary-exception.files.absolute-path.read-only
        [Value]
            [Array]
                [String] /usr/local/bin/op

• zcutlip
    zcutlip
    Community Member

Ah upon a closer read, I see your original problem. You do have to use 'sudo' to install it with homebrew, I'm pretty sure. I'm not sure why it didn't error or otherwise communicate that if failed to install.

• Yes, @zcutlip appears to be right, you should sudo install it.

@sanctior let me know how that works,
    Andi

This discussion has been closed.