Search functions/ options

Options
Sal160
Sal160
Community Member
edited August 2022 in iOS

When searching within Categories or Tags, if you want to back out from the card within that search list and do so by selecting the Category or Tag where you come from (top left of the screen), you will be kicked out or backed out to ALL CATEGORIES. So you have to initiate your search all over again.

It is extremely annoying!!!!

Comments

• Hi @Sal160,

To confirm I'm understanding correctly, this is relating to this drop down menu at the top of the item list?

After clicking a category on the left side menu, this option won't appear since you're only looking at one specific category. I do see that clicking a tag resets that filter to all categories though. As this may be expected behaviour for some users, I'd be curious to know more about your use case. Maybe we can find a workaround! And if not, I'm happy to share your feedback with the team. Let me know. 🙂

• Sal160
    Sal160
    Community Member
    Options

@andrew.l_1P

Hi,

The issues I described was in the app for the iOS devices, and not for any desktop. I am not referring to the drop down menu as you suggested. I was referring to the words at the very top left, very, very top left with a left pointing arrow next to it. There is showing the specific category or tag you are searching in at that specific moment.

For instance, while searching within a category or a tag, the specific category or tag you are in, is showing at the very top left. That is like any other computer graphical interaction. Most likely, you are showing a list within that specific category or tag. After you select an item from that list, the specific category or tag (one level up) you are in is going to show in the very top left with a left pointing arrow. If you select that word with the arrow, the normal response should or would be to go back to that list you came from within the category or tag which corresponds to one level up from the specific category or tag you are currently in. That’s everywhere response, right? Not on this app.

If you select that category or tag, the app will complete clear your level you were searching in and start on the list of all categories or tags. In other words, you have to start your search all over again every time you select a card or an item!!!! Extremely annoying.

• Hi @Sal160,

Thanks for clarifying, I've moved our conversation over to the iOS topic. 👍🏻

Could I confirm that you're using 1Password 8 for iOS? If not, I recommend upgrading: 1Password 8 - Password Manager on the App Store

I wasn't able to recreate the issue by selecting a tag or category, selecting an item from the list, and going back. Doing so returned me to the list of items within the select tag or category. Can you tell me the steps you're taking? If you'd like, sending a screenshot might also help me better understand the situation:

Be careful not to include any private information. Looking forward to your reply. 🙂

• Sal160
    Sal160
    Community Member
    Options

@andrew.l_1P

Yes, 1P8. Sorry, I should have stated that earlier.

Here we go again.

When searching, I begin a top level search and narrow down to what I am looking for. I click the second icon to the right of the house at the bottom of the screen. In my case, the screen shows the Vaults and Tags. I select the tag I want to search. Once I am inside that tag, it shows me a list of all the cards or items within that tag. I select one of those cards or items within that tag. It will show a single card or item with all the info within that card or item. Let say, it’s not what I was looking for so I want to back out one level.

On the very top left of the screen, it shows a name label of that tag I am in along with a left arrow. Please note, NOT the drop down but above it. If I want to continue searching for another card or item within that tag list, I hit that label. Logic serves that once I hit that tag label, I will go back one level or IOW back to the list of cards or items within that tag. What 1P8 is doing is that once I hit that label, it will kick me completely out several levels to begin the search under ALL Categories all over again. IOW I am back to the top level search I bypassed several times to narrow down the search.

• Thanks for the quick reply, @Sal160!

It seems this is a bug with 1Password on iOS devices. While I don't have a timeline on when it will be fixed, we are investigating it. If you'd like to keep an eye out for a fix, I recommend the 1Password for Mac Beta Releases.

I appreciate you taking the time to report it. 🙂

ref: dev/core/core#16853

• Sal160
    Sal160
    Community Member
    Options

@andrew.l_1P

Thanks.

• Hi @Sal160,

I wanted to give you a heads up that the latest version of 1Password for iOS should have a fix for the issue you described here! If you haven't already updated, I recommend doing so. Here are the release notes: 1Password for iOS Releases

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions, thanks for reporting this and your patience while we worked on it. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.