iOS v8.9.6 When I sort favourites on my Mac the new order mirrored in the iOS app - is this correct

Options
SegeiCMeerkat
SegeiCMeerkat
Community Member

Just downloaded the latest iOS version this morning and see that sorting favourites is now a feature. Looks like I have to sort on my Mac (using the app) as I can't see how to sort on my iPad. When I sort the favourites on my Mac the new order I select doesn't carry across to the home screen on my iOS device. Is this correct, please, or am I doing something wrong?

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.7
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:iOS version 8.9.6 When I sort favourites on my Mac this sin't mirrored in the iOS app

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hey there @SegeiCMeerkat

If you tap and hold on the "Favorites" header (with the 🔽 arrow at the right-hand end), you can choose how your Favorites are sorted, like this:

Let me know how that works for you. I'll be here if you need any help. :)

— Grey

• SegeiCMeerkat
    SegeiCMeerkat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, that works! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Maybe I'd have stumbled across the solution for myself sooner or later though, in my mind, I expected whatever I pick on the web app for example to carry across to the other apps. Maybe that's one of the luxuries of using Apple products where everything syncs ... usually! Although I've used password managers for years, I'm a relative newbie with 1Password and still learning all the tips and tricks.

Best wishes and thanks once again.

• @SegeiCMeerkat

I'm glad to hear you found that answer useful! The way you have 1Password customized on one device doesn't sync to others, because you might want a different view on different devices for different use cases, but I'll pass that feedback on to the product team though, so that they know that's what you were expecting it to do. No promises, of course, about if or when that'll change, but it'll at least be on their radar for their consideration.

I do notice that the sorting options aren't mentioned on our Support website, so I'm also going to ask that team to update the documentation. Hopefully that'll mean that others can find this out for themselves more easily.

If you need any help from 1Password Support at any time, please do let us know. :)

ref: IDEA-I-1585
    ref: dev/web/support.1password.com#3556

This discussion has been closed.